What must i do to implement an ats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What must i do to implement an ats?

I have just unzipped an automated trading dll file named ''RhythmTraderBreakout1.dll''. please tell me how to integrate it onto my ninja chart so I can check it out [I'm guessing it works from the ninja chart?]. anyhow, what must I do to get it working?

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

Generally you would not want to unzip a file you are going to import as NinjaTrader will not recognize the files.

Please try the steps listed on this page, if they do not work you may need to contact the vendor to ensure you are using the correct steps to install that specific item.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok ... it's imported .... thanks a bunch for the help ... but I'm once again where I don't have a clue regarding how to get it working as an ATS. please provide steps I must take to do so?

Comment

Originally posted by joemiller View Post
        ok ... it's imported .... thanks a bunch for the help ... but I'm once again where I don't have a clue regarding how to get it working as an ATS. please provide steps I must take to do so?
        It should be listed as a Strategy. Load the strategy onto the chart and enable the strategy.

ref: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...strategies.htm

Comment

Hello,

Yes this would be as Koganam said, the instructions in general would be at the link he provided:
          Originally posted by koganam View Post
          It should be listed as a Strategy. Load the strategy onto the chart and enable the strategy.

ref: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...strategies.htm
          For any further setup instructions for the item the vendor would likely be the best resource. The help guide will contain general setup information for all strategies, so some options you see in the strategy properties may not be in the help guide as they are specific to that strategy. For these type of settings you would want to refer to the vendors documentation.

Comment

''strategies'' was muted when I tried to do a strategy load on an existing chart with a couple of indicators. so I thought maybe indicators and strategies conflict so I created a second chart - for the forex eurusd currency pair [wasn't sure if I could do that]. but ''strategies'' is still muted. please advise.

i'm thinking if a strategy has value no one would sell it but got it cheap so what the heck ... plus I may want to know how to implement a strategy of my own one of these days.

anyhow, thanks, to you guys for the help.

Comment

Hello,

If the Right Click -> Strategies option is disabled or gray, this would indicate two items you may need to check.

First, you need to be connected to a data source in order to enable or use a strategy, the first item to confirm would be if you are connected.

The second is to ensure that the Chart Trader is turned off in the chart you are using.

Could you check these items and confirm if either is the case?

Comment

does the following make sense? ....

I will close the new chart I created. i then will be back to one chart connected to interactive brokers with chart trader active. i will then shut down chart trader and load
                the strategy.

how do i shut down chart trader?

Comment

Hello,

You can turn the chart trader off using the menu item for it.

In the chart, look at the charts top toolbar of icons.

You can hold the mouse over each icon and it will show a tip to see what it is specifically, look for the ChartTrader icon and click it.

If it was enabled, it will now be disabled.

Comment

can I run the ats connected to a simulation account as well as a real account?

Comment

can I have one chart connected to an interactive brokers account and another chart connected to another interactive brokers account. [my daughter has her own account and I have mine]

Comment

Hello,

Originally posted by joemiller View Post
                        can I run the ats connected to a simulation account as well as a real account?
                        Yes, you have the option to select the account the strategy is trading in its properties.

can I have one chart connected to an interactive brokers account and another chart connected to another interactive brokers account. [my daughter has her own account and I have mine]
                        This should be possible if two instances of TWS are opened and the connection steps are followed to configure both accounts on separate ports. Unfortunately I do not have a specific guide for this setup, we do have the general setup instructions here: http://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGui...nnection-Guide

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

this is a modified version of my last post

I am connected to a tws account and am chart trading the forex eurusd.
                          I want to connect to ninja simulated data feed and trade, from a second chart,
                          the forex eurjpy ... using an automated trading system.

but I cannot figure what to do to make the connections to make the second chart work.

please advise
                          //////////////////////////////////////this is an edit update to this post
                          I now have the second chart displayed with the strategy applied. sim101 is the specified data feed but I see no action, price movement, etc. ?????

/////////////////////////////////THIS IS A 2ND EDIT UPDATE TO THIS POST
                          this is a request to have a ninja customer service rep logon remotely to my computer to help me implement my ats.
                          Last edited by joemiller; 03-10-2016, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

We can certainly assist in importing items or providing information on how to apply a strategy in general. If you are asking about any of the specific settings on this strategy that are unique to it and how its logic works, again you would need to contact the vendor for configuration instruction.

For connection instructions we could certainly provide further information on the connections through email or If you do need assistance remotely, please email our platform support @ ninjatrader.com for further assistance.

Regarding the simulated data feed, this connection is a fake data source that can only be connected to by its self. You can instead connect to TWS and place sim trades using your live connection using the Sim101 account.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by merzo, 06-25-2023, 02:19 AM
                            10 responses
                            1 like
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ  
                            Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                            5 responses
                            0 likes