• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Setting commissions and order size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting commissions and order size

Hi, I'd like to know if I understood correctly how to set up commissions and order quantities for sim/backtest and live.

Let's say I get the lifetime account, I would have a commission of 0.04$ per open/close (so 0.08 round turn) for a 1000 $ lot.
    Fo simulations and backtesting, if I enter a position for 1000$ I have to set commissions accordingly, but if I enter a position for say 10'000$ I need to change the commission to 0.4$ . Is it correct?

About order size, in live trading it depends on the broker IIRC. In simulation, to get an order of 1000$ I have to make and order of 1000 units (in a USD/- pair), is it correct?

Thanks
    Best regards
    Marco

Hello Marco,

Can you please use a commission level of 0.00004/9999999. I am using a high value here (9999999) so orders up to such a quantity will calculate correct commissions. Please set it up for 'Currency - Simulator' to have these commissions calculated for backtests.

Forex orders use base units. A micro lot consists of 1000 base units. So a commission of $0.04 needs to be divided by 1000, which is $0.00004. This will change to 4E-05 when you enter it which is fine.

You can use a minimum commission of 0.04, however it will only work if all orders you submit have a quantity of 1,000. If you submit an order for 2,000 (2 micro lots) or 10,000 (mini lot), it will not calculate commissions as you like. The commission level of 0.00004/9999999 ensures correct commission is calculated regardless of the order quantity.

Correct, if you like to backtest micro lots, please enter an order quantity of 1000.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 03-10-2016, 05:26 AM.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you, I'm going to test it and see if it behaves as expected!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Maxwell123, Today, 12:34 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChrisSch  
      Started by memonic, Today, 02:21 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post memonic