Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems connecting to NT license servers through virtual machine

Guys,

I have multiple copies of NT 7 running in a few virtual machines, to split up the processing amongst the various cores of my CPU and allowing me to run more charts.

However, since upgrading to version 31, I have found that all the instances of NT running in the virtual machines (under Windows 7) now give the same message on startup:

"NinjaTrader is having problems connecting to its license servers. Possible problems are a) Your firewall software is enabled and you have not authorized NinjaTrader to access the internet b) Your internet service provider is having service problems or both license servers are down. Please ensure that your firewall software is not blocking NinjaTrader and try again in a few minutes."

I know that it is not any of the issues above because:

a) My copy of NT running natively in Win 7 can connect to the license servers just fine.
    b) I have not changed any firewall settings in the virtual machine
    c) I can receive data and access the internet just fine from within the virtual machine. For example, I can connect to Kinetick and I am seeing data.

All of my connections to brokers have been removed from the interface and I can no longer connect to my trading account(s) from within the VMs.

This has to do with something that changed in version 31, since both VMs stopped working as soon as I upgraded, and both were working fine before.

I have explicit permission from NT to launch multiple copies of NT using the same license key on the same machine for the purposes described above, and have been doing so for years, so that is not the issue. Did anything change in the software in version 31, and if so what can I do about it?

Hello Trader_55,
    Thanks for your post.
    What version of NinjaTrader do you have installed on the virtual machines?
    What operating system are the virtual machines running?
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Version is 31. Operating system is Windows XP. Same as it was for version 30, nothing changed except I upgraded to 31.

Comment

Can you maybe ask the programmers if anything changed in version 31 that could be causing this? I know that it was a "mandatory" release that changed how some basic things worked. Thanks!

Comment

Hello Trader_55,
          Thanks for your reply.
          You will need to install a certificate for XP to work with NinjaTrader 7 per the advisory below.
          BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
            Hello Trader_55,
            Thanks for your reply.
            You will need to install a certificate for XP to work with NinjaTrader 7 per the advisory below.
            http://ninjatrader.com/Advisories/Advisory27
            Thanks, that worked!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:25 PM
            0 responses