Trendlines are not getting saved properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trendlines are not getting saved properly

I currently work with market replay as in i trade for an hour or 2, close down ninjatrader and save everything and come back later.

yesterday i closed here:

https://gyazo.com/2512c687a2ab70e42bd10caa0a4570d1

and today when i come back my support and resistance lines are still where they are supposed to be but everything else (trendlines, other objects, etc) are moved and cant be used anymore so i have to draw everything again:

https://gyazo.com/d06feebe3fce5d28f3a548a7e7efafec
    any way to avoid this?

also i'm set up a 7.5k initial account (demo market replay) and trade with that. Over and over again this account resets to 7.5k once i close and reopen Ninja Trader and sometimes even in between. I want to work with that account like if it was a real account and its impossible to track performance with that account if it resets over and over for absolutely no reason. how can that be avoided?

also when i look at past trades and want to track performance alot of trades are not saved for whatever reason. atm it's just a giant mess and quite frustrating,

thanks in advance,

tim

Hello Tim,

Thank you for your forum post.

The workspace will save the drawing objects if they have been viewed within the past 20 days.

You may want to create a separate workspace that stores the setup you use for market replay. Then load that workspace when you open Market replay.

You can then use one workspace for market replay, and another for live trading. As long as you close out of your live workspace before connecting to replay, you should not experience the objects being removed when you reconnect and reopen the workspace live.

In regards to the market replay account balance changing, so I can investigate further please send a note to platformsupport [AT] ninjatrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Ryan L." in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
    1.) A link to this forum thread.
    2.) Your latest log and trace file:

You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
    • The log file will be named "log.20160314.txt"

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
    • The trace file will be named "trace.20160314.txt"

I look forward to assisting you further.
    Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
    24 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post spwizard  
    Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes