Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy persists under strategies-tab

Hello,

I'm wondering that I cant remove a compiled strategy from the available strategy list. I have recompiled the NinjaTrader.Custom.dll. Now there are only contains original NT-Files. However, NT8 (8.0.0.9 64-bit (Multi-Broker) - BETA) listed my sample strategy too.
    The new compiled nt custom dll is in the folder Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom.
    Any advice? Thanks.

regards.

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

In general if an item returns after re compiling, it likely exists somewhere in the custom folder.

Can you tell me, does this persist if you do the following steps:

Exit NinjaTrader
    Remove the file: Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\NinjaTrader.Custom.dll
    Start the platform
    Complete a compile.

Do you have errors listed now or was the compile fine? If the compile was successful, does the item still exist?

It is really hard to say if the file still exists without looking into your specific user folder to see why. If you try these steps and still see the file, please email me at platform support @ ninjatrader.com and provide a link to this post for further assistance.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jesse,

I have made your steps and after recompile from ScriptEditor the strategy still persists. However, I have seen, that the strategy was in the folder ExportNinjaScript yet. I have deleted the dll from the folder "ExportNinjaScript", made your steps again and... the strategy doesn't persist. I have put the dll again into the "ExportNinjaScriptEditor". After recompiling, the strategy is in the list again. I think, this is not in the sense from the inventor, isn't it? Or will be all exported files automatically load from that folder? Not found that in the help guide.
      Thanks and regards,
      Lutz

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

In general it would not be suggested to leave loose dll or .cs files in the custom folder regardless of what folder it is in. I could only say this would be expected because dll files are registered by the compiler at run time, so likely this was taken into the compile.

Generally the export folder would only contain zip files which will be ignored, in the case you unzip files and leave them in this folder this could certainly occur. I will put a note into development so they are aware of this in the case that is not expected.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by terofs, Yesterday, 04:18 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post terofs
        by terofs

Started by CommonWhale, Today, 09:55 AM
        1 response