Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nasdaq help question plz

Hi

i have a problem i dont know what this is i use the demo of ninjatrader and datafeed and i see often when i trade on the RTH TIME OF CME the NASDAQ is Moving Slow per tick go 5 or 10 minutes or 20 or more minutes ON RTH on cme TIME?
    I know oN RTH TIME CME for NASDAQ Time thats VOTALITY IS FAST and NASDAQ Moving on this time i dont know is my problem or i need help... what is the Right Rollover for NASDAQ???

Is in the the DEMO of Ninjatrader BUNDLED Datafeed or Unbundled Feed ?
    i know it was faster...
    anybody can help me ?
    Last edited by SaVior; 03-16-2016, 10:24 AM.

Hello Savior,
    Thanks for writing in.

Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
    What instrument expiry have you selected? There are multiple Nasdaq instruments
    Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i use ninjatrader continuum and connection is green i use NQ 3-16 and i do not have any error

it is possibe to test Ninjatrader with cqg as my datafeed on demo mode ?

thx

Comment

Hello SaVior,
        Thanks for your reply.
        You need to rollover to the 06-16 contract.

Please follow the instructions below to roll over the expiration date of a futures contracts.

From within the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools> Instrument Manager
        Highlight the contract you wish to rollover on the left side of the Instrument Manager window
        Press the '>' button (the instrument will disappear from the list)
        Press the '<' button and the instrument should re-appear with the front-month expiration date
        Select 'OK'
        Select the updated contract in the Instrument drop-down menu within your currently opened windows (Charts, SuperDOMs, etc).
        I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over rolling over a futures contract.

To view a video demonstration of a futures rollover, please view the following link.

Download NinjaTrader FREE at http://www.ninjatrader.comThis video demonstrates how to successfully rollover a Futures contract with NinjaTrader 7. NinjaTrade...

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
        Also below I have provided a link to a custom indicator that when applied to a chart will display when the next rollover is set in NinjaTrader, add a rollover button, and plot rollover on your chart.
        This indicator is publicly available here:

To import indicators you will need the original .zip file.

Here is a basic guideline of how to Import indicators.

To Import
        1. Download the indicator to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
        2. From the Control Center window select the menu File> Utilities> Import NinjaScript
        3. Select the downloaded .zip file
        4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some indicators, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

NinjaTrader Continuum data is unbundled.

NinjaTrader Continuum and CQG use the backend.
        To connect to CQG you would need to clear through AMP and you would need a license enabled to connect with CQG.
        The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to CQG.
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hej thanks a lot the rollover indicator is great but i need to know how i can know when my instrument is EXPIRED ?

thanks a lot

best regard

SaVior

Comment

Hello,

Roll over dates are displayed within NinjaTrader's instrument editor window.

To view roll over dates:
            * Open the Instrument Manager (Tools > Instrument Manager) then select the instrument which you are interested in from the list on the right and click Edit.
            * In the Instrument Editor's Misc tab, near the bottom of the list, select Contract Months then click the '...' button which appears.
            * In the Contract Months menu, select the contract which you are interested in from the list on the left. On the right side of the menu, roll over date will be displayed.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hej thanks i need to know by when is a instrument Expired for to setting or rollover dates.
              iam newcomer thanks for help

thx

best regard
              SaVior

Comment

Hello,

The date that a contract expires is unfortunately not shown within NinjaTrader. This information is typically noted at the exchange's website however.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes