GDX and GDXJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GDX and GDXJ

I want to have charts in Ninja Trader for the GDX (Market Vectors Gold Miners) and the GDXJ (Market Vectors JR Gold Miners).

I know that these instruments are not standard within Ninja Trader and I have to 'build' them myself.

But how do I do that EXACTLY?

I tried several options but every time I get error mesages, etc.

Can anybody please help?.

Thanks in advance

Hello Gerard111,

Thank you for writing in.

First, go to Yahoo Finance and get the symbol map, see below for the link.

At Yahoo Finance, you get free stock quotes, up-to-date news, portfolio management resources, international market data, social interaction and mortgage rates that help you manage your financial life.

NinjaTrader comes pre-loaded with the most commonly traded instruments however, you may find the need to add an additional instrument.

Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.

From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools> Instrument Manager
    Press the 'New' button
    *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
    Fill in any relevant information under the 'Misc' tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivity provider
    Press the 'OK' button
    * If you wish to add an equity, this can be accomplished without following the steps above. Just open a chart (for example) and start typing in the symbol and a new instrument is automatically created.

The instrument is now added to the master instrument list.

Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.

Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the 'Instrument lists' drop down list in the upper left hand corner
    Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
    Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
    Press the '<' button to add the instrument to the list
    You are now complete and can press the 'OK' button.
    Don't hesitate to contact us with any other NinjaTrader items we may assist with.

Comment

Thanks for your help, Patrick. Much appreciated.

I'm sure gonna try what you suggested.

Regards,
      Gerard

Comment

Hello Patrick,

I tried everything you said but I keep getting some problems. Let me explain:

From the NinjaTrader Control Center-window I select the menu Tools> Instrument Manager and press the 'New' button.

Under instrument I enter the specific information (GDX) and select the appropriate exchange, i.e. Arca. The other info is default. Under the 'Misc' tab I enter the symbol mapping for Yahoo, i.e. GDX

When I enter OK nothing happens and the instrument is NOT added...

Even when I change the symbol mapping in the MISC field (according to the info from other providers) and then press OK, no instrument is added...

Can you help?

Thanks and regards

Comment

Hello Gerard111,

Thank you for the reply.

Please search for your new instrument, refer to the following steps:

Navigate to the Control Center > Tools and select Instrument Manager
          Enter the master instrument that you assigned for your instrument into the Name field and click Search
          If the list populates with your new instrument, you would need to added to the Default Instrument list. Please select it and click '<' button.

Don't hesitate to contact us with any other NinjaTrader items we may assist with.

Comment

Yes, I tried that Patrick.

The GDX is NOT in the default list nor in any other list.

When I try to add it in the way I described before (and in the way you advised me) it doesn't work...

Very strange...

Comment

Hello Gerard111,

I would like to schedule a support call with you - I just need a few things from you before our call.
              • A phone number where you can be reached
              • A time window where I can call you (please include a time zone) our regular support hours are
              • 8:30am to 6pm Eastern, Monday through Friday.
              • Shortly before our call, please launch our remote support application (TeamViewer). There are 2 ways you can do this.

Please do not reply in the forum, send the requested information to PlatformSupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]com and in the body of message please link this thread.

I look forward to our support call.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:53 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
              Started by mmenigma, Yesterday, 03:25 PM
              1 response
              0 likes