Symbol Mapping from TS to NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Symbol Mapping from TS to NT

I trade though Global Futures with executions going through Patsystems. For my trading platform, I'm currently using Tradebolt to autoexecute trades from TS using various TS strategies.All of my strategies use TScontinuous contracts which I then "map" to Tradebolt so that Tradebolt knowswhich contract to trade.

For instance, I"map" the continuous contract, @ES.D, to trade the June E-mini S&P in Tradebolt. I also, "map" the continuous contract for the big S&P, @SP.P, to trade the same June E-miniS&P in Tradebolt since some of my strategies were designed to give signals using the big S&P.

CanI set up NT to do the same? I've tried setting up the Instrument Manager such that the symbol name ES has the "Symbol map - External" as ES|06-06. Is this correct or should the symbol map be ES.D|06-06. Also, what about mapping the big S&P to trade the e-mini S&P?

imported post

Symbol mapping for the S&P emini in TS to NT should be ES|06-06. I am not sure if mapping the pit contract to the electronic is possible. Will research and reply back by tomorrow morning.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Based on your reply, I'm assuming that whether I use @ES.D or @ES as the symbol for my TS strategy, the correct NT symbol to map is ES|06-06. Is that right?

If the pit traded contract cannot be mapped, it sure would be nice to have that ability included in the next release.

Thanks.

Comment

imported post

You can map the pit contract to the mini. I am not sure what the pit symbol in TS is but lets assume it is "@SP" for the continuous contract.

In the ES instrument in the NT Instrument Manager, you would set the Symbol Mapping - External to : SP|06-06 which would then map the @SP symbol to the ES 06-06 contract.

Downside: There is only a one to one mapping from TS symbol to NT symbol. If you set up the mapping as described above, you would not be able ot trade @ES in TS to ES in NinjaTrader since NinjaTrader is mapped to @SP.

Ray

Comment

imported post

Will opening two NT platforms(both with separate accounts) work around this downside? Then I could set up separate workspaces in TS and assign each workspace a different "Account=xxx;" for each NT platform. Any thoughts?

Comment

imported post

You should not run two instances of NT at the same time. That being said, here is an idea. I have not tried this but I suspect it should work.

Create another instance of ES in the Instrument Manager. Give it a master name ESALT or something unique. This new instrument should be identical to the default ES that installs with NT.

You now have two instruments in the instrument manager that map to the same broker side instrument (ES).

In the "ES" instrument set mapping to "ES|06-06".
            In the "ESALT" instrument set mapping to "SP|06-06"

Try this out in the simulator first.

Comment

imported post

I'll give it a try and let you know. Thanks.

Comment

imported post

I created ESBIG and copied everythingas you suggested but it did not work. Is it possible thatbeing on the Demo version of NT has somethingto do with this since the symbols I can trade are predefined?

I also tried just mapping the big S&P externally to the ES and that worked.

So I'm wondering if it is possible to have two like-namedES symbols in the Instrument Manager? The only difference is that one is mapped to take a signal from an ES chart and the other is mapped to take a signal from an SPchart?

Comment

imported post

Did you set up proper symbol mapping for Patsystems?

Comment

imported post

I set up the symbol mapping for ES, ER2, NQ, YM & EMD. However, since this is the demo version,neither YM or EMD are included in the patsystems list so I have to wait until I get an actual account to add YM and EMD.

Everything else worked fine except for ESBIG. Also, I tried adding another ES and it deleted theexisting ES in the InstrumentManager. So I'm stillwondering if being in demo mode is in any way affectingESBIG?

Comment

imported post

ESBIG shoud work if the mapping for Patsystems is set correctly, not the mapping for TS (External Feed).

Comment

imported post

Howcan I determine if the mapping for Patsystems is set correctly? Is this something I can fix or does this reside within Patsystems?

Comment

imported post

See image.
                          Attached Files

Comment

imported post

Okay...I understand. I didn't realise I needed to map it to patsystems with the ES. Itwas blankbutI've corrected it now. Thanks for all your help.

Comment

imported post

For ES just put in ES as per the image in the prior post. If you get data then it is correct.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post geddyisodin  
                              Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes