Draw tools not registering single-clicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draw tools not registering single-clicks

Very new to NT. Using 6.5 latest download.

1st issue:
    I get the "NT has encountered a problem and must close".
    After restarting 3 times (seems to be the magic #) NT stabilizes and runs fine.
    Happens on XP Pro sP3 machine.
    This is a stability problem.

2nd issue:
    In charting, the drawing tools do not register single clicks.
    So I get the pencil indicator after selecting, say, line. Then I click once. Nothing. Double-click and the properties box for that line show up.
    Same symptoms for all drawing tools including Fib, Gann, lines, etc.
    Anyone have the same problem?
    I have this problem on both an XP Pro SP2 and XP Pro SP3 machine.

Then if I leave the chart up for about 10 plus minutes or more and come back to it. The drawing tools may start to work reliably and will process single-clicks. Close the chart and start again, the problem comes back. No registering of single-clicks.

Is this drawing tool single-click problem very common with NT?
    Anyone else ever see this problem?
    Is it a licensing thing? Bug?
    If bug, as a wave / Fib trader, I would have a serious service outage if drawing / extension capabilities suddenly became unavailable.

Thanks

- please make sure you are on latest 6.5.1000.4
    - 1st issue: please send your traces ands logs by Help->Mail to support and refer to this thread for follow up
    - 2nd issue: select e.g. line tools -> click once -> drag mouse->click again -> line will show

Comment

problem with fib drawing tool

After selecting fib retracement tool and getting 'pencil' pointer, I click once on chart then drag mouse and click again but there is nothing on the chart?

Comment

After you get the pencil pointer and you drag your mouse, do you see the fib being drawn as you drag or do you simply see nothing?
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

fib tool not working

Ray,

I figured it out - had my data moved over to left into middle of screen, when I moved it back toward the right margin, I was able to make the tool work. Is this something you all are aware of?

thanks for the reply,

Comment

That's exactly the symptom I saw. I figured it out to be the absence of price data. So if NT charts do not successfully import or enough data (as in using the simulator tool) they simply just will not let you use the draw tools.

You have to wait until there's enough price to fill up some part of the canvas, then do a hard right with the chart until you can draw.

It would be nice if the charts popped up an error that said "no data in this area, user cannot draw with no price action present".

Doesn't necessarily seem to be a bug. More like a limitation that the draw tools need something to calculate from and snap to. But in any case, there should be an error alert popup in the chart instead of letting a noobie user get frustrated because other charting packages do not have this behavior.

The situation is if a noobie NT user is evaluating use, they are typically comparing it to Ensign, Sierra Chart, eSignal and Trade Station. They are looking to switch from another package and explore the benefits of NT and none of these other packages have a price feed simulator or maybe they don't want to hook up NT, which they just downloaded, to their live brokerage account data feed (could be dangerous and maybe they are cautious). So this initial frustration can be a turnoff.

Comment

draw tool error

ray and line draw tool activates on teh chart wherever cursor happens to be sitting at the time

Comment

ray tool

When i activate ray tool it anchors where ever cursor is located

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post DJ888
                by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes