Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Lines not maintaining angle

Dear NT8 Devs,

I use volume charts, and ninjatrader changes horizontal spacing of x-axis depending on the current rate. In NT8, lines which have an endpoint to the right of price change their angle as the spacing changes. In NT7, the lines remain constant because their time endpoint doesn't update. This is a bit annoying as cloned lines become non-parallel, and flat lines tend to shrink in size. Is there a way to fix drawing objects to screen and not to a time point?

Thanks,
    Felix

I believe this only occurs with lines drawn beyond the most current bar. Can you confirm? Also, please try drawing the lines in a manner which does not extend them beyond the most current bar.

Please make sure to draw the lines with 'Snap Mode' set to 'Disabled'. You can do this by clicking on the drawing objects icon on the chart toolbar > snap mode > disabled.

Please let me know the results of this test.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Yes, this only happens if the drawing object ends beyond the current bar. For me, trendlines aren't so useful if I can't extend them into the future. So far, I've been using the ray feature with both anchors to the left of the current bar, but hopefully this issue can be fixed in a future patch.

Comment

same is happening to me. It is extremely annoying having to readjust trend lines every few minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by wabben77 View Post
          same is happening to me. It is extremely annoying having to readjust trend lines every few minutes.
          The Development Team is aware of this behavior. For the time being, disabling "equidistant bar spacing" on charts which are not lining up. You can do this by right clicking on the chart > Properties > Uncheck "Equidistant bar spacing"

Comment

I'm glad to see that this annoying bug is fixed in 8.0.0.11 (NTEIGHT 9537 in the changelog). Thank you NT8 devs!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DynamicTest  
            Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post ScottWalsh