Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sell order hanging - not getting closed

Hi Support,

I am on 6.5.1000.3,using zenfire. I see a sell limit order, in sim account that I am trying to close,but it is not getting closed. And it is also not getting filled,even though it is below market.

I tried the following, 1) closing using chart trader,2) closing using File-->Flatteneverything 3) Repair DB

I also tried disconnect to the zenfire connection, and it says "You have 1 active order.Do you really want to disconnect?" I disconnected and reconnected and still see the sell order (below market value in futures)

Anyway to force the order close?

Thanks
    RK

Please upgrade to NT 6.5 R4 we soft released it yesterday. This solves the issue with the infinite zen-fire pending order.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Ray for the reply. I just upgraded to the latest Ninja 6.5.1000.4 release. But I still see the limit sell order. I tried to close it in chart trader and also using File -->flatten-everything, but the order is still there.

Is there anyway to forcefully close the order?

Thanks
      RK

Comment

If this order is on sim account, you could clear out your sim account 9and thus order) by Tools->Options->Simulator->Reset.

Comment

Thanks Dierk. Glad it is on my sim acct and not live acct. I did what you suggested,and it worked.

Thanks
          RK

Comment

Hi Support,

I am on 6.5.1000.4, and this bug repeated. Glad,again this time I was trying something in sim and it happened in sim. When I was entering orders on the DOm, Ninja stuck and was not responsive, had to end the ninja process in windows task manager. On restart of Ninja, orders were hanging. Had to do the sim account reset, by tools--options--simulator--Reset . But had to loose my sim history to fix this.

RK

Comment

Please send your files to support AT ninjatrader DOT com and we will look for errors. Also you may want to check the size of your database and the performance tips in the link below.

JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This appears to be a common problem. Whenever you have open orders and have to abort NinjaTrader with an End Task (or if the computer goes down), some leftover orders might get stuck. I've been living with these phantom Pending Orders (I have 13 now).

I will soon have to Reset my Sim account too , because NinjaTrader charts show any orders out there, no matter how far away from the current price action.

I might recommend to NinjaTrader development, to simply allow deleting of these phantom Pending orders. (This issue is relatively easy to reproduce.) That would be nice.

It would also be helpful to NOT require the charts to show all orders, but to leave it up to the user to zoom in or out to see them all. (Perhaps an option as to whether to show all orders available on charts.) This would be good for me, as each morning I enter perhaps 25 orders per trading Instrument, based on my calculations on where the market might go (both up and down the distance of its typical daily range). As it is now, the chart becomes almost useless as a chart because it has to zoom out so far, and only serves the purpose of an order entry platform. Additionally, all other charts that I open for that Instrument are also required to show all orders as well.

Jessica, could you please make these suggestions and reasonings to those who make decisions on product enhancements? Thanks so much.
                Last edited by Brian1; 07-19-2008, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion. We'll add it to the list of future considerations.

Note: You always can clear out your sim account (Tools->Options->Simulator->Reset) to get rid of the pending orders.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post TraderBCL  
                  Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
                  14 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post martin70