Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Possible to get filled on current bar in Strategy Analyzer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello bltdavid,

The granular series will be evaluated at the close of its bar as the primary series.
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Of course.

But your terseness makes your answer imply that the OP is stuck with no way to achieve his question.

I mean, naturally, a 1-Tick secondary bar series runs OnBarUpdate (with the appropriate BarsInProgress) at the close of every 1-Tick bar.

But that's not the point.

Your answer is playing word games with the OP's underlying question.

Using a 1-Tick secondary bar series provides a perfect opportunity to examine current price on a tick-by-tick basis, to update stop losses, trail stops, profit targets, etc.

It matters very much that the 1-Tick Bar series runs OnBarUpdate at the end of every one 1-Tick bar ... in fact, that very feature is exactly what the OP needs to take advantage of.

It seems to me that using a secondary 1-Tick bar series is exactly what the OP needs to achieve his question. My issue is: You answered in a way that seems contradictory to this.

Your answer is so poorly worded and incomplete it leaves the reader with the impression that a secondary bar series provides no way to achieve what the OP wants.

One of my pet peeves is the highly pedantic answer from support which provides no answer to the OP's central question. So, sure, you are technically correct in your answer, but that incredibly terse answer provides no real help in pointing the OP in the right direction towards a solution.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
      Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
      7 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH