Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chrisca
    replied
    Best indicator for support/resistance by far is ncatRSD indicator! shows current levels, changes color as they are tested and weaken, and vanishes when support in the level is gone.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Micah
    replied
    Hello Stephen,

Thank you for your reply.

For your purposes, I think adding the Constant Lines indicator and saving your chart template would help save you the effort of having to redraw your lines each time a contract rolls over.

To apply the Constant Lines indicator, right click within your chart and select Indicators. Select the Constant Lines indicator from the top left section, and double-click to add it to your chart. Set your levels (up to 4 horizontal lines per every 1 Constant Lines indicator) and click OK.

Once your Constant Lines indicator is set to your preferences, next save your Chart Template. To do so, right click within your chart and select Templates>Save as. Type in a name for this template and then click OK.

When you roll your contract over, right click within your chart and select Templates>Load, select your saved template, and click OK. This will apply the Constant Lines indicator(s) to the new contract month with the same values you set in the previous month.

I hope this information proves useful. Please let me know if I may assist further.

Leave a comment:

• Slide588
    replied
    Hi Micah

Unfortunately this is not the case. Today I've rolled from CL June to July and none of the drawn horizontal lines (pressing F6 to add line) are shown.

Could you please check this on NT7. If your lines are drawn can we please go through setting to find out why mine aren't. If not could you please make recommendations for the easiest way to redraw the lines (save lines, save line values etc) as it's frustrating to draw in the same lines each month by hand, for what should be a default operation.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Micah
    replied
    Hello Stephen,

Thank you for posting in our forum.

If you are using the Pivots indicator, when you roll over the values will recalculate and your support and resistance lines will be different than the previous contract.

However, if you are using the Horizontal Lines drawing tool, these values will remain the same when you roll over to the new contract. Therefore, to save the values of your indicator prior to rolling over, you could draw horizontal lines at each of the support and resistance levels, and those will remain static when rolling over.

To draw a horizontal line, right click within your chart, Drawing Tools>Horizontal Line>Left click at the desired level.

If I may clarify or assist further, please let me know.

Leave a comment:

• Slide588
    replied
    Copying support and resistance lines

Hi

I'm currently using NT7. I want to copy my horizontal support and resistance lines from one contract to the next when the roll happens. How may I do this? If it can't be done, is there an easy way to get amd save all the horizontal line values?

Am also interested in this process for NT8.

Thanks

Stephen

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_EricB
    replied
    Hello declandore,

Thank you for your post,

You may be interested the Pivots and Parabolic SAR indicators (right click on the chart > Indicators > Select the indicator > New > Ok).

Please see the below section of our help guide for more on working with indicators.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...s_superdom.htm

See the below link for more on Pivots.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...us/?pivots.htm

For more on Parabolic SAR.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...abolic_sar.htm

Leave a comment:

• declandore
    started a topic Resistance and Support Lines

Resistance and Support Lines

Where do i find Resistance and Support lines on ninjatrader version 8 please.

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
0 responses
1 view
0 likes
Last Post CortexZenUSA  
Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post CortexZenUSA