Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Possible to Organize Strategies Into Folders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible to Organize Strategies Into Folders?

Hi NT,

I have many different strategies and its becoming hard to keep track of all of them. I would like to organize them into folders to help keep track of things.

For instance, when I select Tools>Edit NinjaScript>Strategy I see over 100 different strategies. I would like to instead see 5-6 folders each containing about 20 strategies.

Is this possible? If not, any other tips on how I can organize my strategies?

thanks!

Hello Matheyas5,

While your strategies do need to be in your (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Strategy folder, I use a version control program to organize my files within that folder. This gives me the same advantage that workspaces give me in NinjaTrader, in that while all my strategies exist in my filesystem, only a few of them are visible and available at one time in any particular branch (branches and workspaces are a similar concept). Version control systems are an advanced topic, but learning one is in my opinion worth it with any software development project, including developing NinjaTrader strategies.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the info Jessica! I'll give that a try.

In case any other users are reading this and can benefit, I just wanted to mention an alternate solution I came up with that is a little less complex then using a Version Control Program.

I simply exported all my strategies from NT (and deleted them in NT) and now keep them in folders (that I can label accordingly) on my PC. I then simply import whichever strategy I want to use or work on, then re-export it when done and place it back into the folder on my PC I was storing it in.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by Matheyas5 View Post
        Thanks for the info Jessica! I'll give that a try.

In case any other users are reading this and can benefit, I just wanted to mention an alternate solution I came up with that is a little less complex then using a Version Control Program.

I simply exported all my strategies from NT (and deleted them in NT) and now keep them in folders (that I can label accordingly) on my PC. I then simply import whichever strategy I want to use or work on, then re-export it when done and place it back into the folder on my PC I was storing it in.

Hope this helps!
        Sounds like a manual version control system sans the numbering?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Aviram Y  
        Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby