Zenfire data feed stopped at 6:30 am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zenfire data feed stopped at 6:30 am

Today, Jun 20, at 6:30 a.m. (9:30 Eastern time) the Zenfire data feed just stopped. I am testing a demo/simulation account. Logged on at about 5:40 am, everything worked fine, last 1 minute bar was at 6:30 for YM or ES. Rebooted program, computer several times. I left at 7:30 am. I'm trying again now at 7 pm; no luck. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Not sure what you mean by "the Zenfire data feed just stopped". Most future, like ES, are not traded over the weekend -> no data would be coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
      Not sure what you mean by "the Zenfire data feed just stopped". Most future, like ES, are not traded over the weekend -> no data would be coming in.
      Thanks for responding Dierk. This happened on Friday, all the markets were operating (painfully). The data feed worked from 5:40 am to 6:30 then it just stopped. I thought it might be because the market was overactive and demo acccounts shut down for real trading. However, I tried Friday evening to load up to see the activity for the day and I still didn't get any data.

Comment

Please try again Monday.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Its 5:30 am PST, Monday, June 23, 2008. I booted the computer and started NT but NO data on the charts after 6:30 am Friday. I re-installed the software this week-end. It starts up OK; the lower left corner of the control center indicates "Connected-Zen-Fire". I hope someone has an idea. Is there a setting in the software that would freeze the chart at a moment in time??

Comment

Can you please right click in the chart and select "Reload Historical Data" and check if the chart will fill the missing data. Try opening a new chart and check if this will display the data.

In addition, please check the session begin and end times of your chart in the properties menu (double click chart).
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I tried to reload historical data. An message appears: "This request can not be aborted" . I reloaded a new chart: no new data. I checked the properties: both session begins and session ends are set at 12:00 am.

Comment

Could you please go to Tools-->Options-->Misc-tab and click Repair DB. Restart NinjaTrader, connect to your data feed and open up a new chart.
                Check if it will display the data.

Comment

I followed your instructions: tools > options > misc > repair database. I restarted NT and NO data. I'm sorry to keep bothering you but this is frustrating. It worked fine on Friday morning from about 5:40 PST am to 6:30 (9:30 EST) and then stopped. I even reloaded the software over the week-end. Please stick with me until this is resolved. Thanks.

Comment

Please send me your log and trace files, reference this post and put "Attn Jason" in the subject header.

In NinjaTrader go to Help-->Mail to Support, ensure "log and trace files" is checked and send the email.

Comment

I should add: There is no new data on the Static superdom. Superdom and charts worked fine for the first 3-4 days then problem hit on Friday morning. I am more interested in real time data than historical at this poing. Little box in lower left corner still says Connected.

My demo account is with AMP. Could there be a problem with AMP? If there was a problem with the broker would it connect me as it indicates? I don't want to bother them if it is a software problem.

Comment

Or send us the demo login credentials via email and we will test it here first.
                        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I just emailed my credentials to you. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by mmenigma, Today, 02:22 PM
                          0 responses
                          1 view
                          0 likes
                          Last Post mmenigma  
                          Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                          9 responses
                          0 likes