Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Completely uninstall NT7

Hi there,

I am trying to get NT completely uninstalled from my computer. I perform the below steps however since upon reinstall I have the same instruments in my Default instrument list, I am sure I am missing something.

1. Add/remove programs to unistall NT
    2. Delete folder Documents\NinjaTrader7
    3. Delete folder C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader7 (some custom sounds were left there)

Q1. Which other files should I delete to get rid of any trace of Ninja Trader 7?

Q2. Does C:\ProgramData\NTUser.dat also belong to NT?

Thank-you,
    Michelle

Hello Michelle,

Instrument lists are saved in the database. The database resides under Documents-->NinjaTrader 7.

The default instrument always has a few futures instruments present even if you install it fresh. What instruments are listed on the default instrument list?

This is not a NinjaTrader file. Please do not delete it.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello Michelle,

Instrument lists are saved in the database. The database resides under Documents-->NinjaTrader 7.

The default instrument always has a few futures instruments present even if you install it fresh. What instruments are listed on the default instrument list?

This is not a NinjaTrader file. Please do not delete it.
      Jason that still is strange though because as I mentioned - I delete all NT files in documents - which includes the database files. The instruments which appear in my Default list are shown in the attached screenshot. They are the instruments I traded a month or two ago. But how are they getting in there if I delete all NT files - there has to be some file somewhere that I am not deleting?

Really though... what I am really trying to find a solution for is my posting here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=81673 - on a fresh install of NT I cannot see my custom bar type again and don't know how to fix this beyond just trying to do a "perfect" uninstall of NT. Could you please take a look at this post for me?
      Attached Files

Comment

This is as expected - it is installed this way. The Default instrument list contains the instruments in your screenshot by default. If you install NinjaTrader for the first time, you will see these instruments in the Default instrument list.

I see my colleague Cody is working with you on this topic. Please wait for his response. He is not in the office yet, but will be later this morning.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by lorem, Yesterday, 09:18 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by Spiderbird, Today, 12:15 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes