Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Best way to replicate installation on backup computer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to replicate installation on backup computer?

Hi all.

I want to replicate my NinjaTrader (7) installation on a backup computer.

Am I right in assuming that all I have to do is:

1- Copy my latest NTBK file from the production to the backup computer
    2- Use the File/Utilities/Restore function

Thanks.

That's the idea. Or you could copy the entire my documents/ninjatrader 7 folder over.

You might find some non standard instruments might need recreated.

Comment

Hello M_ichel,

Thank you for your post.

Your understanding is correct: creating a backup then restoring settings from that backup on your other PC is the method which I would recommend to transfer settings.

If other questions come up which I could assist with please let me know.
      KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Kyle, May I add a question in this same subject thread? When I try to run backup from my current workspace into a .ntbk this error message appears, Can you help me figure out what is wrong? Emailed tech support but I'm not getting a solution there.
        Thanks,
        Doug

Comment

Originally posted by dougn View Post
          Hello Kyle, May I add a question in this same subject thread? When I try to run backup from my current workspace into a .ntbk this error message appears, Can you help me figure out what is wrong? Emailed tech support but I'm not getting a solution there.
          Thanks,
          Doug
          Typically this error indicates that the Documents > 'NinjaTrader Backup' folder doesn't exist. Manually create a folder in the Documents folder named 'NinjaTrader Backup' and try creating a backup once again.

Alternatively, you could choose a different save location for your backup file by clicking on the "..." button just above the listed save location:

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Comment

Thank you Patrick. The NTBackup file is there and email support instructed me on how to create another copy of the file. However I don't think a fresh .ntbk file is being created since no "backup" is occurring from the workspace itself.

Can you please clarify what you mean by selecting a different location? When I try to place the .ntbk elsewhere I get the same message since all roads seem to lead back to the NinjaTrader Backup file which is the only one that recognizes the backup NT archive type.

Comment

Originally posted by dougn View Post
              Thank you Patrick. The NTBackup file is there and email support instructed me on how to create another copy of the file. However I don't think a fresh .ntbk file is being created since no "backup" is occurring from the workspace itself.

Can you please clarify what you mean by selecting a different location? When I try to place the .ntbk elsewhere I get the same message since all roads seem to lead back to the NinjaTrader Backup file which is the only one that recognizes the backup NT archive type.
              Please reply to the message you received from my colleague or write in a new message to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com as I think a remote session may be best to discover exactly what is occurring in your case.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
              47 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post aligator  
              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post jaybedreamin