Kinetick + Interactive Brokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinetick + Interactive Brokers

Hello, I tried searching this subject here in the Forum, but found no threads specifically about it.

I´m almost sure that it´s possible, but I wanted to confirm this and ask for opinions from people that use this "setup".

I´m going to buy the NT license and I´ll daytrade only QQQ(ETF) initially.

What I wanted to ask is if it is possbile to use Kinetick for data feed with NT Platform and Interactive Brokers to execute the orders.

For those who do use this: What´s your opinion on it? Would you have any other suggestion?

Thank you very much in advance.

Hello NeoTrader86,

Yes, this is possible. You would connect to Kinetick first and Interactive Brokers second in NinjaTrader. When connected to multiple connections simultaneously in NinjaTrader, you will receive data from the first connected connection on most occasions. Only when the first connection does not support a certain instrument type (stock, futures, forex, index), you will receive data from the second connection. Please see the link below for information when using multiple connections.

Kinetick supports all 4 instrument types, so all data is received from Kinetick. Since Interactive Brokers is the second connection, you can select your IB account in any order entry window (or when running an automated strategy).
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you. And if I want to block the IB data feed altogether, is that possible? If, for some reason, something happens with Kinetick, I´d rather realize that immediatly and close my position, than inadvertently trade with IB data feed.

Comment

Unfortunetly there is no setting to block realtime data from Interactive Brokers.

Comment

OK. But is there at least a safe and instant way to realize that the data feed has changed from Kinetick to IB without having to look the whole time to the initial NT Window to see to which data feed is connected?

Comment

If Kinetick is disconnected, it will be shown in the lower left corner of the Control Center. It will not be green anymore and will say 'Disconnected'. When a disconnection occurs, you will also hear a sound.

Comment

LOL that´s exactly what I meant with "without having to look the whole time to the initial NT Window to see to which data feed is connected".

I guess this is the only way then?

Comment

You do not have to look all the time. When you hear the sound that informs a disconnection took place, you can then check the Control Center to see which connection got disconnected.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                  You do not have to look all the time. When you hear the sound that informs a disconnection took place, you can then check the Control Center to see which connection got disconnected.
                  OK Then! Thank you very much!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Aviram Y  
                  Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
                  3 responses