Crashing with Strategies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crashing with Strategies

I have about 20 strategies loaded in the CC instead of chart so i can see orders.

Recently, when enables. some strats will stay yellow instead of green...what is telling me?

Also, 80% of time if I click to edit a strategy , or lately, even open indicator window on chart, Ninja crashes.

Has crashed about 6 times today and VERY slow to open and load.

Any ideas on problem and fix?

Thanks.

Already emailed support but no response yet so I thought I'd try here

Hello stifland,

When a strategy is yellow, this means that the 'On starting a real-time strategy' option is set to 'Wait until flat before executing live' and the script has a historical position and is waiting to become flat or pass through flat while reversing the position.

Below is a link to the help guide on the Strategies tab of the Control Center. Please see the section 'Understanding the Strategies tab'.

Below is a link to the help guide on Strategies tab of the Options window. Please see the section 'Understanding the NinjaScript tab'.

With the crashes, this is likely because of code within the Initialize() method of an indicator or strategy. Do you know which script is causing the crashing?

When you wrote into support, did you receive an automated response letting you know we have received your email?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

yes...thanks i will look it all over.

too determine which script i guess i can look in log?

Comment

Hi stifland,

The trace file may tell you what indicator is causing the crash if there is an unhandled exception.

You will find your NinjaTrader trace file in the following directory:
        • (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\trace\trace.20160413.txt

Otherwise, you may need to temporarily remove the 3rd party indicators and strategies until the crashing stops, and re-add then 1 by 1 until you can find the one that is causing the crashing.

If you would like assistance with that, please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com.

Comment

Its strange though, even if I hit, flatten everything...and show no position. If i turn on 5 strats, 4 may be green and 1 yellow, seems random

Comment

Hello stifland,

This is not related to the crashing correct?

The position when enabling a script will not be random.

You can add prints to your code that print the values of the conditions that place orders and you can find out on what bar the condition was true historically and when the historical order was placed. Then you can use prints to find out if there was ever an exit with that historical position.

Below is a link to a video that demonstrates using a print to understand behavior.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8v_...tu.be&t=48m45s

What I can say, is that if you start the same strategy with the same instrument at the same time, you will get the same results. But use a different strategy, or a different instrument, or start at a different time, and you will likely get different results.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post wzgy0920  
            Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes