Ray not connected to handle or data correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ray not connected to handle or data correctly

Has anyone seen rays in NT8 that don't look connected to the price? Attached is a picture of a ray sort of floating away, or separated, from its end handle/anchor. The ray properties indicate that it's attached to the correct end Y, but that seems to show up as just the end handle, not the ray line itself.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by stephensams; 04-14-2016, 11:58 AM.

Hello,

Thank you for the report.

I wanted to check, are there any specific values or steps required to see this? Is this intermittent or does this occur for all Ray objects you use?

I have yet to see this personally while using the Ray, so I wanted to check first if there are any additional steps to reproduce this.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've tried a number of things, and I think it's related to using a remote machine running NT8. I would guess it might be the difference in resolutions between the host and remote machines, and how the ray is rendered.

No specific steps are necessary, but the longer the ray (i.e. distance between the two anchors) and the more pronounced it's slope, the larger the distance between the ray and it's Y anchor. The ray is always below the anchor regardless of whether the slope is positive or negative.

Have you gotten any feedback from folks running the platform remotely 24/7 who've run into this or similar? Thanks...

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

I have not had any reports of this specifically for remote hosts, but I have had a report for drawing tools not working correctly while a Tick and Time series are both on the same chart. Could this potentially be the case?

Regarding the other report, that was actually solved in the current internal build so if you are running into the same problem potentially this will already be resolved.

If you can think of anything else that may play into this happening it would be good to have a note about it, otherwise I may ask to have you send the workspace in with the saved object to see if I can replicate it from that.

Comment

Unfortunately, I'm only using day data (no tick).

What I have noticed after trying other drawing tools is that this happens when one or both ends of the drawing tool extend all the way to the edge of the chart (e.g. a ray with its right end extending, as we've been discussing, or an extended line with both ends extending). A line, which doesn't extend past its begin or end anchors, shows up normally...connected to its anchors, as well as price.

I'm happy to pass along the workspace. However, I found myself that upon importing to a local machine that the ray initially appears as "unsnapped." I can then drag the anchors back to the price, and they and the ray line render normally.

Comment

Hello,
            I would like to see the workspace if I could, mainly I would like to see the settings you had used in the chart to see if I can more closely replicate what you pictured.

To send the workspace, you can email that to platform support @ ninjatrader.com in reference to ticket 1500193

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by DayTradingDEMON, Today, 09:28 AM
            1 response
            0 likes