Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linked Tick Chart not updating

Greetings,

I have the NT version 6.5.1000.4. With this version and the previous also I have problems getting Tick charts to connect and update data.

I use the IB feed for the ES and YM, when I connect the Daily, 10 min, 1 min, market analyzer, DOM all update and show 'live' data. The Tick charts for ES and the YM do not update. (They are linked to the minute charts.)

To get them to start showing 'live' data I must unlink them and choose another instrument. (any one, ER2, S&P index etc). Then change back to the original instrument and the tick data starts updating.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Hi David,

The issue could be related to the workspace. I suggest to create a new workspace using a ticks chart and check if the chart will update. If so, I suggest to create a new workspace and the tick charts should update.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hi David,

The issue could be related to the workspace. I suggest to create a new workspace using a ticks chart and check if the chart will update. If so, I suggest to create a new workspace and the tick charts should update.
      Greetings Jason,

I created a new workspace and the result is the same. The tick charts do not update until I either recreate the chart (new / chart) or unlink the chart and change the instrument in the drop down list and then change it back.

I suppose this is not a big issue since it is easy to do. If I fail to do it, the tick chart just does not show any live data until I do it.

Thanks,

Comment

Can you please right click in the non-updating chart and select Format Data Series. Check if the current date is entered next to "Last date".

Comment

Jason,

Yes the date is the current date. The Days Back button is selected and shows 3 in that box.
          The Interval settings are 21 tick.

Thanks

Comment

Could you please test a new workspace with only one 21 tick chart and check if it will update upon connecting.

Comment

Yes if I have only ONE ES tick chart it will update.

I also noticed that if I connect to the data feed or already have the data feed running prior to opening the workspace it will also connect on any workspace.

Since that new single chart workspace was updating I used it to build a new workspace similar to the one that won't update. The new workspace updated as it should. But after I rebooted and tried again, the same issue was occurring.

Thanks
              Last edited by DavidHP; 06-25-2008, 05:56 AM. Reason: Add new information

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by elderan, Yesterday, 08:03 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
              Started by samish18, Yesterday, 08:57 AM
              8 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post samish18