Data Lost on Volume Chart with 1 Day Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data Lost on Volume Chart with 1 Day Back

Why when chanigng a volume chart to one day back, does all the price data disappear, except for a single, last bar, showing the previous day's closing price (9:30-4:15 ER2)?? Changing back to more than one day's data, does not correct the chart.

Can you please check using the link below if your data feed provider supports historical tick data; tick data is used to create volume charts.

If so, please try right clicking in the chart and select "Reload Historical Data".
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Lost Chart Data

Yes, using Zen Fire, link says they support historical Tick Data.

Comment

I tested a 1000 volume ER2 09-08 chart with one day back on my end while connected to Zen-Fire. I attached a screenshot of the chart. Please check if it resembles your chart.

In addition, did reloading the historical data had any effect?
        Attached Files
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Re:Lost Chart Data

No, as I said, it only shows a single bar and price, no matter what volume input I use. If I create a new chart, it dispalys correctly, if I then change to 1 day back, it gets messed up and reloading data and/or ninjascript does not fix it.
          Attached Files

Comment

Please open a new chart, remove all indicators, and try and load the volume chart you want. Same as the one in the image or do you get more data?
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

re:

The chart behaves normally in that case (with no indicators), but I'm not sure if the market being open now, has any effect. Perhaps a better test will be after close today.

Comment

OK, let us know.

Comment

Data Problem

Every time I reload historical data, I am getting very, very different charts; not just the indicators, but the price data sometimes incorrectly displays one long bar, then corrects itself to 3 or four corrrect shorter range bars. I just had it about 6 ticks away from a moving average, upon reloading it came down to hit the moving average. This is not minor stuff, it is a big problem.

And it cannot be solved by a back and forth forum. Please make arrangements to call me to solve this major problem.

Comment

Who are you connected to for both real-time and historical data? What type of chart does this happen with?

Comment

Similar problem (am using IB)

I have a similar problem and it's very frustrating because it happens with some of the charts but not all of them.

To illustrate, I have created a new 1-min chart on FSLR with NO indicators - just volume and the price.

fslr-before.jpg (initial)
                      fslr-after.jpg (as the charting continues)
                      fslr-getsworse.jpg (and gets worse)
                      fslr-andworse.jpg (no indicator can save us now...)
                      fslr-afterreload.jpg (magically "fixed" after I force a reload)

but then it deteriorates again...
                      For me - it's happening on POT, FSLR, LDK etc. and I have no idea why because when I compare it to my Java charts in IB (the inbuilt one), the readings on the volume are way, way different. My indicators on those charts that are based on volume are now practically useless and I've tried many things; repaired db, delete those price data from the database, reset database etc. etc. and been having it for about a week + now and I still can't figure out the problem....

Help!!
                      Attached Files

Comment

- please make sure you are on latest 6.5.1000.4
                        - which exchange did you assign for POT, FSLR, LDK. These appear not to be NT default instruments

Comment

Am using "Default"

I'm using "Default" as the exchange - same setting for BIDU and many other stocks I'm charting.
                          The point is that I've been using Ninja for > 6 months now and this volume problem has only recently surfaced. Not sure how to fix it but it's a serious bummer.

Comment

NT stocks by default have 2 exchanges. Default and "native" exchange (see e.g. IBM or MSFT). Please assign exchanges accordingly.

Comment

Default == SMART?

I think I understand what you're saying but let me be sure:
                              LDK's "native" exchange is the NYSE but IB offers "SMART" which is the best of the price quote from among a list of exchanges (including NYSE).

So I actually want to chart "SMART" which implies I should choose "Default" right?

In any case, the most worrying thing is not the price but the volume - which is so totally screwed that all my volume-based indicators go "off".

I'll change my LDK to use the native exchange which is NYSE and see what happens on Monday but in any case, I didn't have this problem with the previous versions which is my main point. I don't know what changed in the current one but it's pretty serious for me.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                              11 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post xiinteractive  
                              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred