Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection refused at Interactive Brokers

Hi.

I'm in the process of installing and configuring a newly-licensed NinjaTrader 7 setup.

I installed the latest version of Java, copied "javax or javam" (whatever) to two /Windows folders, installed the NinjaTrader-recommended version of TWS, etc.

I setup a connection to my IB simulated account, connected to it and even did a couple of dummy trades through NinjaTrader.

I then setup a connection to Kinetick (real-time data) and a connection to my real IB account.

I am able to connect to Kinetick - no problem.

I am able to launch IB's TWS and login to my real account - no problem.

However, I can not connect to my IB real account from NinjaTrader. (And now, after re-trying, neither can I connect to my IB simulated account from NinjaTrader, even though this worked a few minutes earlier!

The message I'm getting, when I try to connect to my IB accounts from NinjaTrader is something like this: (excuse the translation, the guy who installed Windows installed a French language version!!):

"Login failed: IB.Adapter.MessageLoop A connection could not be established because the target computer expressly refused it."

This is followed by what looks like hexadecimal code...

Thanks.

Hello M_ichel,

Thank you for your post.

Within TWS, please open the Configure menu and select API from the list on the left. Can you please verify that the options which are shown in the image at the following link are enabled here?

If these options are used currently, which build of TWS are you running? To check please open the Help > About Trader Workstation menu. Build is shown near the bottom of this window in an XXX.X format.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kyle.

Problem solved.

I believe that I may have omitted to save my parameters before exiting TWS.

The API parms were not set properly; I reset them, saved and everything is working fine now; both the real and simulated accounts.

Thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post usazencort  
      Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
      5 responses