Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usage of IB's order bracketing for ATM strategies

Hello,

I was aware from the start, that the open limit orders from an ATM strategy could lead to problems when the connection to my broker would get lost. Yesterday it happens - during a Java update TWS crashed some time later and Murphys law (my open limit order) was hit - so an unbracketed trade at the exchange.

Is there any chance to use the IB bracketing for the ATM strategies? It would be much more secure, when the stop and limit of the trades resides on the IB servers than on my computer.

I know that I could manually add one in the TWS, but then breakeven and everything else from the NT ATM wouldn't work.

Any chance?

Hello BearingHH,
    Thanks for your reply.
    OCO functions without NinjaTrader running with IB. The ATM however must have NinjaTrader connected to function.
    At this time you would need to manually enter your stops and targets with OCO and manually modify your stop or you would need to exit your position and re-enter with the ATM.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your answer, but I know, how I could add a stop or limit afterwards, but as I did not trade on a monthly time frame, it is not okay, that the trade is running unsecured (naked), before I get connected again. And as IB supports this fantastic feature to host the stop and limit on their side from the very first start, it would be great if NT could transmit such an (IB) bracketing order to the IB servers.

We all have risks with trading, but it would be great, if we can get off some that we must not take.

So, when I read between the lines, its not possible and will not be an option in the future.

Comment

Hello BearingHH,
        Thanks for your reply.
        That is correct, for NinjaTrader's functions to work, NinjaTrader must be connected.
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Its about fail-safe, not function.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by FrazMann, Today, 11:21 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post FrazMann  
          Started by geddyisodin, Yesterday, 05:20 AM