TD Ameritrade Data Feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TD Ameritrade Data Feed

Ninja Trader recognizes most of the stocks that TD Ameritrade has in its Data Feed but it doesn't recognize some stock like LGCYO although TD Ameritrade has it in its data feed. They asked me to contact support at Ninja Trader to correct this issue since their data feed is not 100% broken

Hello rcbenjamin,

The most popular instruments are included with NinjaTrader's database, but not all instruments will exist in NinjaTrader by default.

Anytime an instrument does not exist, you will need to create this instrument in the Instrument Manager and ensure that the symbol mapping is correct.

What is the symbol mapping currently used for this instrument for TD AMERITRADE?
    Tools -> Instrument Manager... -> search LGCYO -> click the Edit button -> click Misc
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I created the symbol but I had to use New instead of the "Edit" that is in your reply. The new chart only shows data going back today. How can I get it go back 100 days ago

Comment

Hi rcbenjamin,

I made an assumption you have already attempted to change a chart to this instrument which will automatically create the instrument in the Instrument Manager.
        (I also wanted to be sure that a duplicate instrument isn't created)

However, if you are getting some data, this means the instrument is configured correctly.

The amount of data you get, will be up to TD Ameritrade which is providing this data.
        Please contact TD Ameritrade to find out how much historical data they provide to the API.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How do I delete or remove symbol that I have created. When I click the delete button the symbol goes away but when I restart the program the symbol returns?

Comment

Hello rcbenjamin,

Deleting the instrument through the Instrument Manager as you described should be the only step which is required. Just to confirm, after deleting the instrument you are selecting 'OK' to close the Instrument Manager rather than 'Cancel' correct? (Selecting Cancel would discard any recent changes)
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am selecting OK to close so there is definitely a problem. Schedule a remote login to review it yourself

Comment

Hello rcbenjamin,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Please reach out to me at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread, your phone number and a time tomorrow between 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM Eastern when we can reach you.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
                14 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Handclap0241  
                Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes