Need ATM help for Delta Neutral Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need ATM help for Delta Neutral Trade

I am trying to figure out how to adjust the ATM if I am trading 4 contracts.

with initial 3 tick profit target and 6 tick stop loss....

what I want it to do...take 3 tick profit for 2 contracts, once it does that...the stop loss comes up to -2 ticks for the remaining 2 contracts, until the remaining ones reach 4 point profit target.

I know this is complicated. Thanks in advance.

Hello usdivers,

Thank you for writing in.

You'll want to set a 2 Target ATM Strategy. Each target will have a quantity of 2. The first target has a stop loss of 6 and a profit target of 3.

To clarify for the second target, do you want a 4 tick profit target or a 4 point profit target? If it's the latter, you'll need to figure out how many ticks are in a point.

With the ES for example, there are 4 ticks in a point. So, a 4 point profit target would be 16 ticks.

The second target will need a custom stop strategy.

To have the stop loss auto trail 2 ticks away from the current price, you'll want to specify a stop loss of 2, a frequency of 1, and a profit trigger of 3. The frequency of 1 denotes that every tick of profit will cause the stop loss to move. The profit trigger denotes when the initial move of your stop loss to 2 ticks away from the current price will occur.

I have provided a screenshot showing how to set this up.

Please, let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Attached Files
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ZacharyG View Post
      Hello usdivers,

You'll want to set a 2 Target ATM Strategy. Each target will have a quantity of 2. The first target has a stop loss of 6 and a profit target of 3.

To clarify for the second target, do you want a 4 tick profit target or a 4 point profit target? If it's the latter, you'll need to figure out how many ticks are in a point.

With the ES for example, there are 4 ticks in a point. So, a 4 point profit target would be 16 ticks.

To have the stop loss auto trail 2 ticks away from the current price, you'll want to specify a stop loss of 2, a frequency of 1, and a profit trigger of 3. The frequency of 1 denotes that every tick of profit will cause the stop loss to move. The profit trigger denotes when the initial move of your stop loss to 2 ticks away from the current price will occur.

Thanks x 1,000,000

Comment

how to save ATM setting

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ZacharyG View Post
        Hello usdivers,

OK, have tested setting on Replay...works great....now is there a way to save that setting as a default ATM on my NT7??

Comment

Hello usdivers,

No ATM Strategy can be selected as a default however you can save these settings in an ATM Strategy template which can easily be selected from the ATM Strategy drop down menu later.

To save your ATM Strategy settings, right click in the window where you configured the strategy then select 'Manage ATM Strategy Templates'. In the window which appears, enter a name for the strategy then click OK.
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Brevo
          by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
          0 responses