Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error on setting plot - value outside valid range

Hello,

The plot for my indicator has been working fine in Market Replay SIM for several weeks now. Today I tried to SIM ES 03/16, 17 Feb 2016, and as soon as the chart gets to 16:25:38 local time (10:25:38 Central Time US), my plots disappear from the chart. The indicator names are still displayed. The log says: Error on setting plot, value outside of valid range. I have dragged forward to 18 and 19 Feb, still with the same problem, sometimes with the indicator name also being removed from the top of the chart and the list of indicators loaded. If I loaded the following week into Replay and reload my indicators, they reappear.
    Any Idea what the problem may be?

Thanks!

Hello GeorgeW,

Thank you for your post.

It would really depend on what the indicator is attempting to do in this case. Do you see this same behavior with any of the pre-loaded indicators, such as SMA?

In addition, can you send us your indicator and your log and trace files so we may investigate further?

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.
    You can attach your indicator to your response by going to File > Utilities > Export NinjaScript > Export selected source files > select your Indicator > select the right arrow > Export. The file will be located under (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\ExportNinjaScript.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeW View Post
      Hello,

The plot for my indicator has been working fine in Market Replay SIM for several weeks now. Today I tried to SIM ES 03/16, 17 Feb 2016, and as soon as the chart gets to 16:25:38 local time (10:25:38 Central Time US), my plots disappear from the chart. The indicator names are still displayed. The log says: Error on setting plot, value outside of valid range. I have dragged forward to 18 and 19 Feb, still with the same problem, sometimes with the indicator name also being removed from the top of the chart and the list of indicators loaded. If I loaded the following week into Replay and reload my indicators, they reappear.
      Any Idea what the problem may be?

Thanks!
      What is the line that sets your Plot? It sounds like you are not accounting for a division by zero.

Comment

Thanks for responding, PatrickH and Koganam.

I think you may be right, Koganam. I've just seen it happen on another day, and it is always a 1 tick bear bar that causes it. The way the code is written, I think it may be doing a division by zero on that bar. I'll check it and let you know.

Comment

Yep, the zero was the problem, and now resolved. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Brevo
          by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes