No data showing on market analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No data showing on market analyzer

I have not used the software for quite a few months, and migrated from a win 7 computer to a win 10 computer (Backup and then restore).

I've always had a market analyzer with the following columns (of course got transferred during the restore):
    Net Change bar // LastPrice // NetChange // Net Change% // DailyVolume // Average Daily Vol

It was working fine, showing EOD data and when connected during market times (different time zone than me), even showing real time last prices through the day. But now I cannot see any data but the average daily volume.

I am running NT7 with Yahoo data as source, but even tried this with kinetic for some tickers with same result. Charting works OK.

Is there any help you can provide to solve this issues?

Thanks!

Hello user1986,

Thank you for writing in.

The Market Analyzer is driven by real-time data. Real-time data would be required for the Market Analyzer to populate.

Both Yahoo and the End of Day Kinetick data feed only provide historical data.

If you do not already have a live data feed, you can request a free forex or futures demo from the link below:

NinjaTrader is a futures trading platform that delivers integrated multi-device trading. Discover our best platform to trade futures for active futures traders.

Please, let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So something must have changed on Yahoo feed to not allow for this to work anymore?

Indicators based on stored data would work though? eg, if I create an indicator that copies the close from the previous day, or calculates the net change of the previous bars, can I use that in the market analyzer to see the last close?

Comment

Hello user1986,

The indicator will show values on the Market Analyzer as long as you have specified the data series for the indicator to be a daily series as Yahoo only provides historical daily data.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_ZacharyG; 04-26-2016, 10:52 AM.

Comment

No Data

I brought up Ninja Trader and connected but there's no data anywhere except in the market analyzer and the domes. Charts have nothing. I have a CQG feed through AMP Futures. Anyone know what the problem is?

Comment

Hello [email protected],

Thank you for writing in.

Please manually attach your most current log and trace files to an email to platformsupport [AT] ninjatrader [DOT] com so I may investigate this matter further. Do not attach the files to a forum post.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20160426.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20160426.txt"

Please ensure to reference both my name and a link to this thread in the body of your email.

Comment

Thanks Zachary,

That would (somehow) explain why I can see daily avg vols.

I will try to replace the fields by indicators that will show the same data and try to sort out the issue. A pity it used to work so well that I got too used to it to let it go.

Comment

Zachary, I just got an email response from Ninja and they said I would need too call AMP Futures which I will do right now. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Mongo, Today, 11:05 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                Started by Tim-c, Today, 10:58 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse