Storing real time bar data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Storing real time bar data

What is the purpose of Tools > Options > Data > 'Store real time bar data'?
    Right now Opentick seems to not be providing historical tick data. So, I set 'Store real time bar data' because the docs say that it stores real time data, to be used as historical data. So, I connect to Opentick at 3:15 and get real time tick data until 3:45 as pictured in the 1st attached chart chart13.jpg, then I save the workspaces for good measure, exit NT, restart NT, re-connect to Opentick, and get the chart pictured in the 2nd chart Chart14.jpg. Obviously Opentick is not providing historical data, I know that. But, what happened to the data that NT stored due to setting 'Store real time bar data'? Why is that data not being used as historical data as the docs suggest?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by monpere; 06-24-2008, 02:24 PM.

Since likely the NT makes a call to OT servers to replace the current days data with whatever they provide and erases what you have stored. On your OT connection set up, disable access to their historical data servers. Then NT will not attempt to write over existing data for today.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, I'll try that. What file is the historical data stored in? I would like to monitor how much space is being used by that historical data that I would now be holding locally. Is there a way to prune that data from the oldest end, or I have to clear it all by enabling the historical data servers, to wipe the data out on connect again?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
      Since likely the NT makes a call to OT servers to replace the current days data with whatever they provide and erases what you have stored. On your OT connection set up, disable access to their historical data servers. Then NT will not attempt to write over existing data for today.

Comment

Originally posted by monpere View Post
        Ok, I'll try that. What file is the historical data stored in? I would like to monitor how much space is being used by that historical data that I would now be holding locally. Is there a way to prune that data from the oldest end, or I have to clear it all by enabling the historical data servers, to wipe the data out on connect again?
        Hello,

Your historical data is stored in the NinjaTrader.MDB file. This can be found in the file folder MyDocuments/NinjaTrader6.5/DB.

You can delete specific segments of historical data via the Control Center --> tools --> Historical data --> Delete.

More information about this function can be found in our help guide here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/HelpGuideV6/Delete.html

Comment

I don't think historical data server access can be disabled for OpenTick. There are no entries for historical data servers in the connections manager for Opentick.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
          Last edited by monpere; 06-24-2008, 06:45 PM.

Comment

You are right, my mistake. I believe then its only an option with our broker technologies. Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done at this time as a workaround. I suggest checking with OT to ensure their historical data service is online.
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by jpapa, Today, 07:22 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
            116 responses
            1 like