Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connect to TWS

Hello,

I have a problem to connect TWS via NT 8.

1. In Live mode - there is a problem of timeout. The time for insert TWS user and password,
    including security code is too short. If I typing fast there is no problem.
    How can increase this timeout?

2. In Simulate mode the problem is different. NT start to connect TWS after inserting user and password , but while TWs is in initializing process (see attach file - fig1) I got an error message from NT (See attach file - Tws connection error).

viewing NT log file shows this :
    HTML Code:
    Received unknown error/warning: Paper trading disclaimer must first be accepted for API connection.
    See attach log file - log.20160506.00011.txt

I configured TWS and NT according to NT documents and guides.
    See attach files - Ib screen config

I am running NT (Version 8.0.0.10)
    TWS version is 956.2c

The problem is also happened in previous version of IB like 954.

Sincerely, Kobi
    Attached Files

Hello levikNT,

I will need to do some further research and follow up with you about the time out period with NinjaTrader 8 and TWS.

I appreciate your patience while I look into this.

Regarding the error you are getting, if you are trading a paper account have you clicked accept on the disclaimer that should be appearing in TWS?

Attached is a screenshot to illustrate.
    Attached Files
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello ChlseaB,

Thank you for your response.

Regarding to trading a paper account I got the NT error before TWS display the disclaimer,
      this disclaimer comes after TWS pass its initialization process , the TWS shout down and then I received the NT error message . The TWS doesn't pass the step of "Initialization managers" of its initialization process.

When I started the TWS in trader paper account before starting NT , then I received the TWS disclaimer.
      I understand that NT log shows that NT received this disclaimer, but this disclaimer doesn't display on screen .

Sincerely, Kobi
      Last edited by levikNT; 05-08-2016, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Hello levikNT,

I'm not able to tell from your response if this disclaimer has been accepted in TWS. From the error in NinjaTrader it would appear that this disclaimer has not been accepted in TWS.

Are you starting TWS first and then connecting to this after it is started, or are you attempting to having NinjaTrader automatically launch TWS?

Comment

Hello ChelseaB.

1. If I first starting TWS trader paper I can see the disclaimer and I accept the disclaimer and after that I connect to TWS from NT there is no problem.

2. The problem is: If I stating NT first (TWS is not started) and try to connect TWS trader paper from NT I don't see any TWS disclaimer .
          I know that NT log show that I didn't accept TWS disclaimer.
          As I said in the previous thread response TWS closed in its initialization process.
          In proper process the disclaimer is displaying after TWS will finished its initialization and TWS is ready,
          but in my case TWS did not finish its initialization and closed thereby I don't see the disclaimer.
          Even if I don't accept the disclaimer NT should be not close TWS , and if it does then NT should wait for a period of time.
          Right now TWS doesn't finished its initialization and closed .
          The attach file shows 5 seconds before TWS closed while it is in initialization process .

3.Regarding to beginning of this thread you said that you need to do some research about time out period with NinjaTrader 8 and TWS , do you have an answer?

Sincerely,Kobi
          Attached Files
          Last edited by levikNT; 05-11-2016, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Hello levikNT,

Yes, I was able to research the timeout period. I am showing from my testing that this is about 1 minute 10 seconds.
            http://screencast.com/t/0d3913IQq

What would you like to request that this be changed to?

Regarding the paper account, I attempting to reproduce this behavior using the supported version of TWS for NT8 (954) but I am not able to reproduce this behavior.
            http://screencast.com/t/3HjXMYOmIz

May I confirm that you are using TWS 954 as outlined by the Connection Guide for Interactive Brokers?
            http://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGui...nnection-Guide

If so, please let me know and I will schedule a call with you to investigate further on your end.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
              Hello levikNT,

Yes, I was able to research the timeout period. I am showing from my testing that this is about 1 minute 10 seconds.
              http://screencast.com/t/0d3913IQq

What would you like to request that this be changed to?

Regarding the paper account, I attempting to reproduce this behavior using the supported version of TWS for NT8 (954) but I am not able to reproduce this behavior.
              http://screencast.com/t/3HjXMYOmIz

May I confirm that you are using TWS 954 as outlined by the Connection Guide for Interactive Brokers?
              http://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGui...nnection-Guide

If so, please let me know and I will schedule a call with you to investigate further on your end.
              Hello ChelseaB,
              Sorry for the late response, I was out of my country and I just returned.
              As you suggested I would like to schedule a call phone with you to finally solve this issue.
              1. Regarding time out I did the same test that in the video and I also got the same time out 1 minute and 10 second.
              When I connecting to TWS live I also get the SecurityCodeCardAuthentication windows which I have to insert a code number.
              In NT7 I had the same problem and I set this time out in NT xml file.
              I don’t know why NT use time out , I think that NT should wait without time out like TWS .

2. Regarding paper account I did exactly as http://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGui...nnection-Guide

Sincerely,Kobi

Comment

Hello Kobi,

The timeout is so that if there is a internet hiccup that prevents the connection, NinjaTrader does not hang forever but will try again a few times and then fail.

(Other wise NinjaTrader would enter a non-responding state and never recover as it waits to connect)

That said, if you have to use the security codes, always log into TWS before connecting with NinjaTrader.

Regarding the connection. I was not able to confirm the version of TWS you are using.
                Please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com so that I may confirm the version you are using and check the settings. In the email please include a link to this forum thread.

Comment

Hello ChelseaB,
                  I would like to schedule a phone call with you to investigate further in my end as you suggested.

I already sent you all the pictures that includes the TWS version ,TWS Connection and NT setting.
                  please refer to the beginning of this thread and its progress.

I am running NT (Version 8.0.0.10)
                  TWS version is 956.2c

Sincerely,Kobi

we already check all of this you can look on the thread

Comment

Hello Kobi,

For a call, please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com. In the email please include a link to this forum thread.

Also, uninstall TWS 956 and install TWS 954 as directed in the Connection guide for NinjaTrader 8 Beta and Interactive Brokers.

Are you still getting the same behavior when using TWS 954?

Also, please update NinjaTrader 8 to Beta 11.
                    http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post algospoke  
                    Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                    3 responses