NinjaTrader DOM only showing inside bid and ask

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader DOM only showing inside bid and ask

NinjaTrader DOM is only showing the inside bid and ask. I have included a picture with TWS on the left and NinjaTrader on the right.

I am a newbie and I plan to trade stocks and I have a funded account at Interactive Brokers with subscriptions to NASDAQ TotalView-OpenView, NYSE OpenBook, NYSE ArcaBook and a few more.

I am running Windows 7 and I am running Interactive Brokers TWS Build 956.2c and the free version of NinjaTrader 8.0.0.10 and even tried NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.31. I tried both NinjaTrader 8 32 bit and 64 bit edition and I also tried logging into TWS with paper trading and live trading and still have the same issue.

I did not subscribe to the free NinjaTrader market data. I open up TWS first then NinjaTrader and NinjaTrader shows that I am connected to Interactive Brokers.

In the Dynamic Super DOM I changed # of market depth levels from 5 to 10 and tried 20 as well. Show Market Depth is selected.
    I plan to use NinjaTrader to run Jigsaw Trading software only and will be making trades through Interactive Brokers. I just want to make sure everything is sorted before buying Jigsaw. Thanks.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Goldminer1; 05-07-2016, 03:06 PM.

Originally posted by Goldminer1 View Post
    NinjaTrader DOM is only showing the inside bid and ask. I have included a picture with TWS on the left and NinjaTrader on the right.
    I missed this post when I posted about it. NT7 is a mess too tonight.

NT_Continuum is working.

I do see the inside bid/ask in the chart trader.. just not on the dom.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldminer1 View Post
      It just started working here 8:02pm EST on Rithmic.

Comment

Goldminer1, thank you for your post!

In the screenshot you provided, I do see that you have last price which is highlighted in yellow in the SuperDOM window.

I also see that you're on a newer version than the one that NinjaTrader 8 currently supports (TWS upgrades will come). To ensure that you don't see anything out of the ordinary, please attempt to use the supported version of Trader's Workstation and then test this again. Below, I have provided a link to the NinjaTrader 8, Interactive Brokers connection guide:

http://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGui...nnection-Guide

Let us know what you find out.
        Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your reply sledge.

Hi Riley,
          I uninstalled the latest version of TWS and installed version 954 and double checked the setting and updated to the latest version of Java. In Ninja Trader under Instruments I added all 79 exchanges and tried different stock symbols and even tried running the computer in safe mode and still have the same issue. Maybe Ninja Trader does not like the date feed from Interactive Brokers. Thanks.
          Last edited by Goldminer1; 05-11-2016, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Hello, thank you for posting back.

I am able to connect on my end and see quotes.

So that I may test on my end, what type of symbols/instruments are you attempting to select?

To confirm, are you able to connect to IB with NinjaTrader which should show green at the bottom left corner of the Control Center? If not, do you receive an error message?

Comment

Hi Riley,

Yes NinjaTrader is getting data from IB and it is showing green.

The stock symbol was HPQ (Hewlett-Packard) and I had it configure it in the instrument panel with all 79 exchanges.

I also installed and setup the IB gateway version 954 and got the same results as TWS version 954.

It looks like NinjaTrader is getting the depth of book data from IB but only showing one price level on the bid and ask. I have # of Market Depth Levels set to 25 and Show Market Depth is selected in NinjaTrader Dom property’s. I have subscriptions to NASDAQ TotalView-OpenView, NYSE OpenBook, NYSE ArcaBook and a few more. Thanks
              Click image for larger version

Name:	NinjaTrader DOM1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	902.3 KB
ID:	878286

Comment

Goldminer1, thank you for your post and I appreciate the clarification.

Unfortunately, more rows of market depth for other instruments types besides futures instruments aren't supported in the SuperDOM windows.

However, you can open the Level II window to see market depth for other instrument types. You can do this by navigating to the Control Center -> New -> Level II. More about his window can be found at the following link:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help.../?level_ii.htm

Comment

Hi Riley
                  Thanks for your reply.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes