Is "Restart" of an ATM possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is "Restart" of an ATM possible?

I use many (more than 15) pre-set Strategies daily, entered each morning and removed at night. They remain there the whole day. I imagine less than 50% ever get hit, and that's fine.

Some days have scheduled news events, like today with the FOMC decision, that may move the market substantially. Just before the news is released, I would like to disable my ATMs entered, then re-enable them a bit afterwards.

Is this currently possible?

I find in the Control Center's Strategy tab, a Start/Stop column. Thereunder it has a Stop button for each ATM that remains in a Working state. If I press the Stop button, it Cancels the order and changes to a Start button. If I then press the Start button, nothing appears to happen. I would sure like it to re-Start the ATM, as this would provide me the enable/disable functionality I need.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Brian1

Hello Brian,

Unfortunately, this is not supported. Re-activating the strategy using the "Start/Stop" function in the Strategies-tab will only work with automated strategies and not with ATM strategies.

I will forward your inquiry to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you very much Jason.

I wonder if I could extend the query ... it would also be nice if there were also the disable and re-enable functionality in strategy programming (in C#). Would you please pass that along as well?

Thanks again,

Brian1

Comment

Originally posted by Brian1 View Post
        Thank you very much Jason.

I wonder if I could extend the query ... it would also be nice if there were also the disable and re-enable functionality in strategy programming (in C#). Would you please pass that along as well?

Thanks again,

Brian1
        Hello Brian,

Thank you for your suggestion. I'll forward this to our development team for possible implementation in a future release of NinjaTrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
        10 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post traderqz  
        Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse