How to remove Fib Retracements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to remove Fib Retracements

I love your Fib Retracements tool and often use the double click feature to auto draw the Fib Retracements. Sometimes however it draws all Fib lines at the same level and then I cannot remove them. I cannot select the lines and the Remove Drawing Objects tool does not show them. Even if I select All it does not remove them. On the attached image I have circled in yellow the offending Fib Retracements and am showing the Remove Drawing Objects tool. How do I remove them?
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20160508.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20160508.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I repaired the db as you indicated, but I do not know if this will stop the issue reoccurring or not. What I do not know though is how to remove the Fib Retrac I have already created with errors. I have determined though that if I can manually create a Fib Retracements selecting the same point as the start and end, then the same problem occurs. I get one line that I can do nothing further with. If I create a Fib retrac with the same price level star and end but with different dates, then I can later select it.
      So my problem still remains. How do I delete these Fib Retracements?

Comment

Helllo,
        Are these drawn as Global Drawing Objects?
        I look forward to your reply.
        Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Coby,
          I am not sure what you mean by Global Drawing Objects. I am using your standard Fib Retracements tool and the tool is attached to the chart symbol e.g. GG Weekly. At least this is what I am trying to do. With this particular situation I am unable to access the properties or select the Fib lines in any way.

Comment

Hello,
            Global Drawing Objects are created on one chart but appear on any chart that has global drawing objects enabled. Please see the following link on Global Drawing Objects: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG..._tools__ob.htm

If you create a new chart of the same instrument do you see the Fibbonaci draw objects on the new chart?

Comment

Hi,
              My drawing objects are attached to the one chart so they are not Global Drawing Objects.

Comment

Hello,
                So that I may investigate further please send us your log and trace files.
                You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Please reference the following in the body of the email: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...917#post459917

Comment

Firstly, it is a pity that your emails are not captured in this forum as that would give a good audit trail of what has been written/said.
                  I tried the instructions in your last email re deleting the workspaces.xml but that did not help.
                  In fact I am easily able to duplicate the issue. if I enter a Fib retracement on a chart and then unlock and edit it such that the start and finish point are the same then the same issue occurs i.e., unable to select or delete that Fib retracement which is shown as a horizontal line. Why don't you try it and see what happens.

Comment

Hello GlennL,

Thank you for your response.

In testing on our end the behavior you detail is not seen. Can you attach the Fibonacci Template to your response?

You can find the template under Documents\NinjaTrader 7\templates\ChartObject\FibonacciRetracements.xml

Comment

Hi Patrick, thanks for the email.
                      The tools template I am using looks identical to the one you identified but the one I am using is a free toolset from neoHarmonics. The issue I have happens whether I am using that toolbar or not so its not a factor.
                      In regards to the video you created, thanks. What you seem to be doing is changing the price to be the same but not the time. If I do this I also do not have an issue. If however the price and time are the same for the start and end then the issue occurs. I have the Snap Mode ON for Bar and Price.

Comment

Thank you, GlennL.

I was able to reproduce the case very quickly with your latest instructions. In NinjaTrader 8 there is now a Drawing Objects window that allows you to access the properties of all drawn objects on the chart without the need to select the object.

However, there is no way around this in NinjaTrader 7 if our template has 'Lock' checked and we double click the Fibonacci Retracement on the bar with Snap Mode on Bar and Price.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                        47 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post aligator  
                        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post jaybedreamin