Collapse

hangs~freezes~crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since we have two German's on the NinjaTrader team....I will have to vote for Germany.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

"goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool ! "

thanks Jessica for your email support and post

Comment

I am running a Dell Workstation with 2 Xeon 3.6 cpu's, 2gig mem, 4 monitors displaying 4 charts, 4 dom's and Control Center. Taskmanager seldom goes over 25%. Since loading v.4 the ATM order audio studders and the strategy is slow to display the price will move several ticks before refreash. Jessica has asked for a good time when she can help me. Thanks Jessica

Comment

any progress, update yet, Dierk, Jessica ?

Comment

Not sure what you mean by "progress". Please upgrade your machine to minimum HW requirements (see web site) and you will be good.

Comment

" Please send me logs and traces " — progress, update —
              what did you learn from them ?

Comment

We already know what the problem is (see your post #15): Please upgrade your machine to the minimum requirements.

Comment

you mean the bit about: ' uninstalled v4 and reinstalled v3 last night
                  and made 22 demo/sim trades today without any problems . . .'

I believe the point was not the supposed inefficiency of my computer
                  but the hangs~freezes~crashes that NT users are experiencing and
                  reporting, including those whose computers do apparently meet or
                  exceed minimum HW requirements and, that order entry in the v4
                  upgrade is a problem

so while the answer seems to you to be get a more powerful system
                  the question remains for me - I'll let others ask theirs themselves -
                  why does NT hang~freeze~crash to various degrees and why so in v4 ?

good nite

Comment

This is case by case. There is no pattern. In your case it's that your PC does not meet min requirements.

Comment

NT freezing - my experience

FYI I found that several recent NT version upgrades between 6.0 and 6.5 seemed to consume more system resources and that this resulted in NT freezing up during periods of very high demand.

I had been running NT on a P4 2.6GHz with 1Gig of RAM. To overcome I tried NT on my x64 PCs, and a "gamer" I bought for my son (Core-2-Quod Intel Processor 2.60GHz )

I noted superior performance on the Core-2-Quod Intel when opening & closing charts and workspaces, and device manager showed that NT used each of the 4 Intel cores in the Core-2-Quod Intel. So I bought one with 4Gigs of RAM.

However initially I noticed some demand freezing (on the Core-2-Quod Intel.)

To remedy
                      1. I only open my IB broker connection with the empty default workspace open, and then open the workspace I want - this helps reduce resource demand, and also minimises the likelihood of any Interactive Brokers error due to excessive instruments number.
                      2. On the latest NT ver 6.5 I now run a maximum of 7 charts (On the old P4 with NT ver 6.0 I could run 10 charts each with 7 indicators - half of which were custom)
                      3. If I am using a workspace with many open charts/indicators, and I need to adjust any chart window size by dragging its edges, I try to do this as quickly as possible, as system calls during a drag operation with high demand workspaces sometimes result in chart freezing, and some times without quick recovery
                      4. I also found the incidence of chart freezing declined, when I deleted all my old workspaces and rebuilt them from scratch - I am not sure why this is -perhaps because crashes after item 3 above caused xml script errors in my workspace, or perhaps newer NT versions format the workspaces slightly differently.

Any way I now find my system both robust and reliable.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by giulyko00, Today, 12:03 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post giulyko00  
                      Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
                      12 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post DrakeiJosh