NT7 wont open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 wont open

Ive done something to NT7 that has caused it not to be able to open since last night. Can anyone help please?
    Attached Files

Hello AndyM,

Can you please proceed as follows. While NinjaTrader is shut down, please navigate to the folder below.

Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->workspaces

Delete the _Workspaces.xml file that is within the workspaces folder. This will not delete your workspaces, but ensures no workspaces will be opened on startup.

*Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named Untitled1, you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise it will overwrite it.

Start NinjaTrader and manually open your workspaces at Control Center-->File-->Workspaces-->Open Workspace.

If you still cannot start NinjaTrader, please send me both your log and trace files for today. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations. Please attach the files in your email and send it to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Att Jason, NT7 wont open' in the subject header.

Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20160511 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20160511 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok I have done that and still no result. Do I contact you through platform support?

Comment

Yes, please send me both your log and trace files for today. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations. Please attach the files in your email and send it to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Att Jason, NT7 wont open' in the subject header.

Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20160511 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20160511 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Comment

Ok thanks Jason Ive sent you the files

Comment

should I try to uninstall nt7 and reload it?

Comment

You can perform an uninstall/reinstall of NinjaTrader as per the instructions below. You will save all settings and data including your indicators. They are saved at Documents-->NinjaTrader 7 which is not deleted when you uninstall NinjaTrader via the Windows Control Panel.

Make sure that NinjaTrader is shut down.

Please uninstall NinjaTrader 7 via Windows Control Panel-->Programs and Features

Download and install version 7.0.1000.31 from the link below.
              NinjaTrader offers exclusive software for futures trading. With our modern trading platform, you will control every step of your trading journey. Open account to trade futures with us!

Please enter your email address in the "Your Email" field and hit "Download Now! FREE to Use". You will now be directed to a webpage to select the NinjaTrader version (7 and 8 beta) you like to download and install.

Comment

reinstalling hasn't worked, I'm still unable to open ninjatrader.

Comment

are there any tech guys there at nt that can actually resolve this issue for me? another day of trading is going to waste again

Comment

Please see my response below I sent by email.

The trace file shows the crash below. This crash is usually caused due to the Documents folder residing on a network drive.

2016-05-11 07:04:39:775 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
                    2016-05-11 07:04:39:775 ChartStyleType 1 not supported

However this does not seem to be the case for you. The trace file shows the Documents folder resides natively on your computer.

2016-05-11 07:04:30:912 UserDataDir='C:\Users\amoha\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\'

This crash is seen as well when using NinjaTrader on a Mac with a virtualization program or when OneDrive is used. Could it be you used OneDrive before to store the Documents folder?

I assume you were able to start NinjaTrader successful before. When did the issue started to occur? Did you make any changes on your computer at that time? Did you perhaps install new software?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by suroot, 04-10-2017, 02:18 AM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post truepenny  
                    Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes