Black / dark charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black / dark charts

I like dark / black charts...are there any samples I could look at?
    One problem I find is that i can't make the grid lines dim enough....I want them very subtle.

Black / dark charts

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I have included a sample of a black background chart with grid lines as dim as I could make them, I also have the properties menu displayed for the chart and the data series so you know which colors I've used.

In order to set the colors for your chart, right click the chart and go to 'Properties...'

In the properties menu you can set the colors for each of the associated fields as shown in the screenshots. The important colors to change are going to be, the 'Color for axis', 'Color for background' and the horizontal and vertical grid lines.

In order to change the grid lines color be sure to click the [+] icon beside grid lines to show the extended menu. The values displayed in the 'Example Chart 1 Colors' attachment are the exact colors I've used in this example.

Next you will want to alter the data series colors, right click on the chart and select data series. Here we will be altering Candle outline, Wick, and Price marker color.

Once again make sure you extend the [+] options for Candle outline and Wick for full customization and select the colors you find best. The colors I've used are depicted in the 'Example Chart 1 Colors Data' attachment.

Once you are finished customizing, if you are pleased with your chart you can save your chart template for future use by right clicking within the chart, going to Templates and clicking Save As...

This way you do not have to recreate your chart in the future.

To load the template to a new chart, right click on the chart, go to Templates, and select Load...

Then you can select the chart template you created earlier.

Further information on chart properties can be found at the link below:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...properties.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8d6IODfrLk

Please let us know if we may assist you further.
    Attached Files
    Justin S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post tradingnasdaqprueba  
    Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
    0 responses