Change Quantity of CFDs traded acc. to range and exchange rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change Quantity of CFDs traded acc. to range and exchange rate

My objective is to have a similar if not equal amount of money lost or won with every single trade. Stop Loss and Take Profit are known before entering a trade.

I'm trading indices such as GER30, US30, JPN225, NAS100, HKG33, EUSTX50 and SPX500.

As far as i'm aware of, the differences are a) the ranges traded (i.e. Entry - TP/SL) and b) the exchange rate from the index currency (e.g. JPY) to the account currency (EUR).

In order to have a constant amount at risk with each trade I'd like to dynmically adjust the quantity of CFDs traded.

Questions are:
    a) is there a syntax to read the applicable exchange rate?
    b) if not, is there any workaround to arrive at near constant volumes won/lost?

Thx

Hello P-Sionic,

Thank you for your post.

The CFDs should be traded in USD, so the risk and profit would be the same for the CFDs traded.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Thanks.

The currency applied in the P/L is USD indeed.

But the absolute amount of P/L seems to depend on the range traded with the index instrument. So going from 17000 to 16000 in "JPN225_CFDJPY" via FXCM correpsonds to a range of 1000 JPY rather than 1000 USD. This is where i reckon that I'd need to take the exchange rate into aco**** when selecting the Qty of CFDs traded.

Is there a possibility of accessing the "Rate" as shown in the tab "Executions" when entering the setting a TP/SL price?

Comment

Still, an equal range trading the HKG33_CFDHKD or the JPN225_CFDJPY yields less US$ per pip than when trading the GER30_CFDEUR.

Trying to track that discrepancy down.

How does NT7 calculate the P/L?
        Is there any means of showing the P/L in the "Executions" tab or anywhere else next to entry/exit price, quantity and rate?

Thanks, Georg.

Comment

How can I use the rate as shown in the "Execution" tab in ninjascript?

Comment

Hello P-Sionic,

Thank you for your patience.

In NinjaTrader 7 there is no Rate we could pull from the Execution as seen on the Executions tab. The Rate on the Executions tab is calculated behind the available methods and functions and provided to the Executions tab. It is possible to create such an item by adding the necessary pair for the CFD and the base currency for your Profit to your strategy and then pulling the rate (Close[0]) of the currency pair upon execution of the CFD entry order.

In NinjaTrader 8 you can pull the Execution.Rate in the OnExecutionUpdate() method when your entry order fills to pull the needed rate to set your Stop Loss and Profit Target. For information on Execution please visit the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG.../execution.htm

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Thanks. That answers my question. How long will it take until NT8 is out of beta stage ?

Comment

Hello P-Sionic,

We currently do not have a definitive release date for NinjaTrader 8.

Please, let us know if we may be of further assistance.
                Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
                11 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post jeronymite  
                Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
                8 responses
                0 likes