Ninja Scripts not saving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja Scripts not saving

I`ve downloaded a plugin for HLC chart type for ninjatrader7. When I imported the plugin it says that I have successfully imported and saved from the ninjascript arhive file. Yet when I reopen nt7 the HLC plugin is not there anymore. How do I save it? Last week it worked perfectly but now it wont save anymore

Hello AndyM,

Thank you for writing in.

Can you please clarify if you have any other bar types installed in your platform?

Is this particular file that you have downloaded from our forum? If so, can you please provide a link to the file in question and its name?

Additionally, do you run into any compile errors?
    • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    • Select any indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
    • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ZacharyG; 05-14-2016, 02:15 PM.
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Here is the link. Ive tried both. Both worked perfectly last week. Ive done the compilation last week and again just now. No compilation errors.
      The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

Comment

Hello AndyM,

Thank you for your response.

I would like to set up a remote session with you to look into this. Please send a note to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick H - 1515159' in the subject line if you would like to set up a remote session to look into this on your PC.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

I'm having the same issue. Changes in my indicator code are not being saved and compiled. When I add the compiled indicator, it does not contain new changes.

Please help,
          Kerry

Comment

Hello kerrychoe,

Can you please detail the changes you are making to your indicator code?

Are you making any changes within the Initialize() method? If so, have you removed the indicator and re-added the indicator completely from the chart after compiling?

Comment

Hi Zachary,

I'm simply creating the "MyCustomIndicator" default indicator using the Ninjascript wizard, then going into code and changing the "Plot0" property name to "Plot1". No other code changes. I want to prove that the change is getting compiled.

Next, I open a new chart, add the indicator, and click OK. When I look at the indicator properties, I see "Plot0" property instead of "Plot1", proving that the change did not get compiled.

Thoughts?

kc

Comment

Hello kerrychoe,

Can you please provide your indicator script so I may test it on my end?

You can find the indicator .cs file within the (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator\ folder on your computer.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Mikey_, 03-23-2024, 05:59 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Sam2515
                by Sam2515

Started by f.saeidi, Today, 12:14 PM
                7 responses