X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorting in Market Analyzer

Hello,

I am hoping for some help here.

I am currently putting together a technical specification document to submit to a programmer for a custom market analyzer to be programmed.

Before I submit the document, I need to know if there is anyway that the results of the market analyzer can be sorted according to predefined criteria?

For example, let's say my project calls for the market analyzer to identify three unique conditions (Call them A, B and C).

If all three of my A,B and C conditions are met on a specific stock symbol, I would like this result to be at the top of the results. If only A and B are met on a different stock symbol, this result would be in the next row under the stock symbol that had all three conditions (A, B and C) met.

If a third stock symbol only had the "C" condition met, this would be listed third.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me on this.

I don't want to ask for sorting in my technical document if it simply can't be done. This would be for NT 7 and not NT 8. Although, it would be interesting to know if NT 8 could do this if NT 7 can't.

Tim

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

I am unsure of any way this would be possible using the standard analyzer as it has been pre programmed to sort based on the Column headers meaning you can click the headers and sort per that column.

I believe what you are asking for would need to be a custom implementation in either platform 7 or 8.
    Currently you would only have the ability to "Filter" rows or toggle them on or off based on a value, but to control the sorting would take more logic that is not currently implemented.

This would be a more simple item to control using custom rendering in a Indicator for example, modifying the existing control may be much more difficult to add support for a feature that currently does not exist.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by lorem, Yesterday, 09:18 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
    Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:56 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes