Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to take partial profits?

Hello

I don't know what I did wrong. I show you my trade in the picture with the two steps:

1) Entry long in GBPCAD. I used an buy stop with a TP and SL. The TP is above the next resistance. My idea is to see if the market respects the resistance. If so, then I take a partial profit. If not, then I will follow the price moving my stop.

2) So, I see the price touching the resistance and doing a reversal. I then put a sell limit order above the price with 1/2 the quantity of the first trade. So I keep 1/2 of my initial position and take a partial profit.

But, and this is my problem: right now I have a negative PnL, so I had to close my position to stop losing money. I thought that selling 1/2 of my position, the other 1/2 will be still open, and it was a buy signal (number 1) so I would have a positive PnL, ¿right?.

Help me with this, please. How is the correct way to take profits? Thanks a lot.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by marcopicos; 05-18-2016, 05:35 AM. Reason: attach new picture

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1516916 ATTN Patrick G

Please also include a link to this forum post in the body of the message.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by trilliantrader, Today, 03:01 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post trilliantrader  
    Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
    9 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB