Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Unable to load historical intraday data - again !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to load historical intraday data - again !!

Since a few minutes ago the combo Ninja/Rithmic is unable to load historical intraday data, a 5-Min-chart of today's ES-future shows current data only after disconnecting/reconnecting. The mess started right after the petroleum-report 15 minutes ago.

Everything ok with my computer and my 1GBit-line etc. - ONLY the feed of historical intraday data is broken.

Update: Reload of historical data was available after perhaps twenty minutes or so, not an issue anymore - at least for now.
    Last edited by RonnyKeller; 05-18-2016, 09:13 AM. Reason: Problem seems to be gone

Hello RonnyKeller,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I have been monitoring the Rithmic connection for the past hour and have not seen any issues with the historical data server.
    It seems that your system could not connect to the historical data server.
    I saw that there were some high latencies being reported by some ISPs this am that is likely related to your system not being able to access the historical data server.
    So I can look further into this please send me your log and trace files by going to Help> Mail to Platform Support
    In the message include a link to this forum topic.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Same issue today, this is not a Rithmic issue but clearly a Ninja issue.
      Trying to download Yesterday's market replay data shows an error message "Error on downloading replay data: Connection to data server is busy or not available right now. Please try again later."

This behavior does not change when connected to or disconnected from Rithmic.

Note: My system and my connection are both excellent, Ninja support staff confirmed several times that my infrastructure is way above everything needed, right down to a full speed 1 Gbit connection.

Unavailable Replay data and unavailable Historical data happens at the same time, so this issue is connected.

The problem is definitely at Ninja's site - and it is super annoying since charts cannot be populated correctly without historical data. Yesterday the problem occured right after the Petroleum report, today exactly at market open, so it's pretty obvious Ninja's servers are just too easily overwhelmed by a bit more than usual traffic...

Comment

Hello RonnyKeller,
        Thanks for your reply.
        I have verified the reply server is currently down. I have reported this to the servers team to look into.

Comment

Update: Option "reload all Historical Data" is available again now, but the reload process delivers rubbish, skipping perhaps ten out of the first 15 minutes of ES-future today...

Log shows "connected to Ninja Trader data server (HDS3.NinjaTrader.com/31654)". Perhaps better can that system ?

Comment

Hello RonnyKeller,
            Thanks for your reply.
            Restart NinjaTrader and reconnect to re-establish a connection to the historical data server and test. This may switch what server you are connecting to.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
            8 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post rehmans
            by rehmans

Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
            0 responses