Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixing DB - how to proceed

Hi,

I was having problems with my data, originating from the fact that I was adjusting data for splits and dividends (the latter caused negative values when doing backtesting).

As I successively downloaded more data, I noticed that my historical charts were becoming disjoint. I downloaded data going back further than what I originally had (I think 1995), but using different settings (didn't adjust for dividends). This has created disjoint chart data (for backtesting) that isn't always reflected by what's actually in the database

I included INTC as an example of what's happening. You can see that from 1992 to 1993, the price in my database goes from $87 on 12/31/92 to $2.72 on 1/4/93. The data then changes again in 1995 on my chart, even though the underlying data hasn't changed.

I've attached screenshots of what I'm experiencing.

This is happening to a lot of stocks. I'm not sure if I should delete my DB, reset it, or what. I don't want to lose any of the info I've put into my Instrument Manager, as there's a lot of stuff I can't afford to re-enter manually.

Thoughts on how to proceed?
    Attached Files

Hello cgeorgan,

Thank you for your post.

You can remove the historical data from the installation, clear the cache, and rename the database with the instructions below.
    • Please go to Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db
    • Then delete the 'cache' folder in the 'db' folder
    • Go to the Day, Minute, and Tick folders and remove the data you wish to remove or you can delete the folders Day, Minute, and Tick to remove all historical data (keep in mind you would then need to download the data again if needed)
    • Then right click on the database which is named 'NinjaTrader' > rename the file Prev.NinjaTrader
    • Restart NinjaTrader

If you have any questions on the above process please let me know.

Comment

So, this was all good in deleting the historical data, but my instrument manager was reset as well (including all instrument lists).

Comment

The Instrument Lists would be in the database. If you want to restore them you would go back to Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db > delete the 'NinjaTrader' file and then rename 'Prev.NinjaTrader' back to 'NinjaTrader' > restart NinjaTrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post usazencort  
        Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes