filtering not working, indicator values not shown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

filtering not working, indicator values not shown

I've downloaded and installed Ninjatrader 8 because I want a customized stockscreener.

It however doesn't work the way I would expect based on what I've read in the documentation.

As a trial run I've created a market analyzer with an extra column with the RSI indicator. The value's of the indicator are not shown in the market analyzer. Most of the time a few dots are shown. I've also once seen that it said N/A for all items.

If I enter a value in the filter this doesn't seem to have an effect in what is shown. I suspect this has to do with the above problem and for some reason the data is not available.

Issue occurs with use of the free kinetec data and if hooked up to IB. Tried to change all kinds of settings but to no avail.

Any idea what the problem could be? I'm new to Ninjatrader, so likely it's something very simple.

Silent,
    What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About

Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

What instrument (and expiry if applicable) have you selected?

Comment

version: 8.0.0.11 64-bit (Multi-Broker) - BETA

I've tried connected to interactive brokers and connected to kinetick (free EOD data)

I've used the default lists that come with installation. I used the futures list and the nasdaq 100 list. In both cases I selected all.

Today I see while connected to kinetick that some indicator values are shown, but all zero's but bid/ask last are not shown. Maybe because it's outside trading hours? Data does however come in as the chart comes with the last (todays) bar included. See screenshot.
      Attached Files

Comment

Silent,
        Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.
        You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.
        Please reference the following URL in the email body: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=85712

Comment

sent the files...

Comment

great post

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by AveryFlynn, Today, 04:57 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post AveryFlynn