Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TWS 944.3 no longer supported error

Hello,

I'm trying to connect NT with IB following the connection guide but the following error appears:

"The version of the application you are running, 944.3, is no longer supported. Please download the current version from our web site"

If I install latest TWS version, I can login with the platform (TWS) but no through NT.

Any help please.
    Attached Files

Hello dacolboy,

If you close out the error by clicking the X in the upper right corner, are you able to connect to Interactive Brokers in NinjaTrader?

Are you able to connect if you try a later TWS version than 944.3, but not the latest?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason,

If I close out the error by clicking the X, there is a time lapse (about 1 minute) and then NT retry connecting, with the same error result. This repeats 3 times and then a window error says that IB connection has timed out.

I've tried both 2 versions availables on the IB web page; "latest" and "stable" versions.

Right now I have installed 944.3 and "stable" versions and I can launch any of them. With "stable" version, I'm able to login, but with 944.3 the message "no longer supported" appears.

What I see is that 944.3 launch a java application called "jts.jar" (along with others .jar), meanwhile "stable" version launchs an executable windows file "jts.exe", so is like NT only uses the java version. Uninstalling 944.3, NT does not launch "stable" version and hangs up with the "Conecting..." status.

Hope this help. Thank you for your quick response.

Comment

Thank you for clarifying.

Am I correct you have a Trail Test account with Interactive Brokers?

Comment

Yes. I'm using an IB demo account with NT 7.

First I thought that demo account with IB could be the problem, but looking around the forum, I've seen some people connecting with this kind of account.

Comment

Unfortunately you would need to fund your account if you like to use it in NinjaTrader 7. TWS 944.3 does not support these Trail Test accounts.

NinjaTrader 8 beta supports a newer TWS version. This newer TWS version should support these Trail Test accounts. NinjaTrader 8 is currently in open beta. You can download and install NinjaTrader 8 beta from the link below.
            NinjaTrader offers exclusive software for futures trading. With our modern trading platform, you will control every step of your trading journey. Open account to trade futures with us!

Please enter your email address in the "Your Email" field and hit "Download Now! FREE to Use". You will now be directed to a webpage to select the NinjaTrader version (7 and 8 beta) you like to download and install.

Comment

Ok. I will try with NT8 then.

Thank you for your help!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bmartz, Today, 09:30 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post bltdavid