Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live order entry is duplicated on sim

Hi there,

I trade with www.topsteptrader.com. I first connect to Continuum for data, and then I connect to Rithmic Trader (TopStepTrader) for execution.

Sometimes when I place an order directly on the chart using an ATM, with my Rithmic account selected, the order is duplicated to my Sim account too. Same market, same price, everything.

Could you possibly advise what is going wrong and what I can do to rectify it?

Awaiting your reply, thank-you
    Michelle

Hello Michelle,

Thank you for your post.

There are two potential reasons that this could be happening.

First and most common is that your strategy name starts with a symbol. Any time a strategy starts with a symbol instead of a letter such as @,#,$,*, etc... a duplicated order will be placed on the sim account based off your strategy.

The other reason is that if you have a Shadow strategy set up it can cause a duplicate order to be placed as well.

I've included a link that outlines some details on Shadow Strategies:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...w_strategy.htm

Please let us know if we may assist you further.
    Justin S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JustinS View Post
      Hello Michelle,
      First and most common is that your strategy name starts with a symbol. Any time a strategy starts with a symbol instead of a letter such as @,#,$,*, etc... a duplicated order will be placed on the sim account based off your strategy.

The other reason is that if you have a Shadow strategy set up it can cause a duplicate order to be placed as well.
      Hi Justin, thank-you for your reply. Attached I have a screenshot of the strategy which mostly resulted in a double trade being placed. Also note, that the duplicate trade is not placed on Sim101 but rather another sim account of mine called "aGZT".

As you can see my strategy name does not begin with a symbol. Nore does it have a shadow.

Any other ideas?
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your response.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what is occurring.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Make sure 'Log and trace files' and 'Database file' are both checked before sending.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1519936

I look forward to assisting you further.
        Justin S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Justin, I've just done so now. I think the most recent trade where the order was duplicated was the ZB, the live order was duplicated onto aGZT. This was today, late morning (I think) new york time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
          10 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Leafcutter  
          Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Max238