Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Input Series (OscillatorAlert indicator)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Input Series (OscillatorAlert indicator)

Hi

I have recently started to use Ninjatrader 7 with end of day yahoo data (simply as a charting tool at the moment) and am loving the product so far.

However, I followed one of the NinjaTrader Ecosystem "NinjaTrader Unplugged" youtube video tutorials (#24 and #25 with Michael from Back to the Future trading) and it suggested using an indicator provided by them called "OscillatorAlert".

This indicator works by taking an input series and producing an up arrow or signal that the input series has changed direction. It works well, but as I am using end of day data, every time I reload the historical data, I have to go in to every instance of the indicator and change the input series (on each indicator, on every chart) back from default (the instrument?) to whichever input series I want to monitor (RSI, Stochastic and MACD are the ones I use).

Is there any way to set this up so I don't have to go through every chart and change these three input series on the three instances of that indicator?

Here is one of the videos in case my explanation is not good!:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Hello Tuckwoor,

After you setup the indicator as you like, please right click in the grid of the Indicator menu and select 'Set Default For *indicator name*'. This way you can save indicator settings.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That doesn't seem to hold the default upon reload of historical data. Also, wouldn't this just set a single default? I have three oscillatoralert indicators per graph (RSI, Stochastic and MACD).

Comment

Yes, unfortunately you can only save one set of settings per indicator. It is not possible to save multiple sets of different settings per indicator.

Indicator settings should not change when reloading historical data in charts. Are you able to reproduce the issue if you test a default indicator such as the SMA? If this behavior is limited to the 3rd party indicator, please contact the 3rd party vendor and verify if this is as expected.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, it works for SMA. Must be a problem with their indicator. I will contact them as you advise. Thanks for all your help!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by warreng86, 11-10-2020, 02:04 PM
          7 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Perr0Grande