Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

"the iPhone of platforms" (not a compliment)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"the iPhone of platforms" (not a compliment)

In a recent thread on the need for bar-by-bar replay, someone derisively referred to NT as the "iPhone of platforms", citing Ninjatrader's consistent refusal to adopt improvements that users have repeatedly requested.

This post is directed to the Ninjatrader staff: I have to agree with your critics: you do seem to have a long-standing history of ignoring your customers, and failing to make improvements that they repeatedly request. I have two friends (who shall remain nameless) who work for NT and who confirm this problem. When I asked for XYZ feature, they've said, basically, "it'll never happen".

So, here's my question for the Ninjatrader staff: if you are NOT adopting the suggestions of your customers, what ARE you doing?
    I suspect that I know the answer: I *think* (but I'm not sure) that you are short-changing the discretionary traders (like myself) and favoring those traders who want to use automated strategies to trade. Be fair with us: is this indeed your strategy? Your focus? Sure seems to be that way. Maybe those of use who are discretionary traders should find another platform to trade on?
    Last edited by Tasuki; 05-27-2016, 01:05 PM. Reason: word missing

I don't speak for them, but they have incorporated many new users request in ninjatrader 8. There's a pdf some where around here detailing it.

But yeah, they've been busy with nt8 beta fixing bugs.

Comment

Tasuki,

Appreciate you being candid with your comment. As product manager here at NinjaTrader wanted to take a moment you let you know what we've been up to for the last few years.

As you may or may not know we've been hard at work on NinjaTrader 8 our next generation trading platform. We've been developing it for a number of years and NinjaTrader 8 is almost a complete re-write of the NinjaTrader 7 platform. We needed to build a new technology base that would support us for our next ten years. During development of NinjaTrader 8, we implemented 500+ user enhancements requests which you can find out additional information on here: http://ninjatrader.com/Downloads/Maj...njaTrader8.pdf

We're working hard to get NinjaTrader 8 stable and ready for production release, and this is our primary focus. When we get through our beta process and have a production release, it will be back to figuring out what next we can work on to enhance our product even further and satisfy the demands of our users. We log all our feedback we receive so that when the time comes we can review that feedback and take action.

Comment

Thanks, Brett. Good answer. Pretty much exactly what I wanted to hear.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post GLFX005
        by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
        2 responses