Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TradeStation sending BUY signals to Ninja on a different / remote PC

Hello,

I'm using a TradeStation + Ninja DLL method + RCG broker auto trading set-up.

I wanted to set up TradeStation (which is installed on PC 1) so that it can send BUY / SELL trading signals to Ninjatrader platform installed on a different (remote) PC, lets call this remote PC, "PC 2". Can this be done?

Also if the above set-up can be done, can TradeStation EasyLanguage call the "Ninja Market Position" within Easy-language code via Ninja DLL functions?

So TS Easy-language via the Ninja MarketPosition function, TS on PC 1 would call the Ninja Market position, where Ninja is installed on PC 2, can this work? Would the Ninja DLL file in System32 folder have to be installed on both PC1 and PC2?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rod

Hello Rod,

Thank you for your note.

You can run the system on one PC and run NinjaTrader on another PC. You can find information on this at the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...erent_pc_t.htm

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

for this to work does the remote PC where Ninja is installed (TradeStation would be installed on local PC) need to have a static IP address? what happens if the IP address of the remote PC is changing over time due to being a dynamic IP address?

also second question, using the DLL method, if Ninja is installed on a remote PC, from the local PC can TS Easy-language code CALL the Ninja Market Position function and receive the market position of say a Long 10 Gold position which is open on the remote ninja PC? How does this work? So the Ninja platform installed on the remote PC would be showing a Long 10 Gold open position, and when the ninja market position "function" is called via the Local PC in TradeStation, the easylanguage code would receive a +10 value once the ninja market position is called. Is this how it works? I mean do all of the Ninja DLL functions work when installing ninja on a different PC than Tradestation platform which would allow proper fully automated trading?

Comment

Hello Rocket130713,

Thank you for your response.

NinjaTrader would need to be installed on each PC in the set up.

If the IP address changes than it needs to be changed manually by following the instructions unless you use the PC name as seen on your network.

You can call the functions from the NTDirect.dll on the TradeStation machine to receive the information from the machine running the NinjaTrader 7 platform.

Comment

Hi Patrick_H, thank you for your reply and help, we really appreciate this. Regarding your comment "NinjaTrader would need to be installed on each PC in the set up", would each Ninjatrader platform installed on both the local Tradestation PC and remote PC need to have real-time price data feeding into both of the Ninja platforms? Also would both ninja platforms have to be "connected" to our RCG broker, or, is it just the remote PC that needs to have real-time data feeding into the platform, and just the remote PC that need to be connected to the broker's trade server? In the above case, the local PC is the PC that has TradeStation and Ninja installed on it, whereas, the "remote" PC would just have ninja platform installed on it. Also, I think that only 1 of the 2 ninja platforms can make a connection at the same time, for example, if ninja connects to broker on the remote PC, then if we try and connect ninja with same broker on the local Tradestation PC, then in doing this the first ninja connection to broker on the remote PC will be broken and disconnected.
          Last edited by Rocket130713; 06-03-2016, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Hello Rod,

Thank you for your response.

Only the installation on the PC you are sending and feeding information from need to run NinjaTrader and connect to the appropriate broker. Both installs do not need to be running.

Comment

OK, so you say that Ninja only needs to be "running" and "connected to broker" on only one PC, and not on both PC's. Based on my auto trading set-up, TradeStation and Ninja will be installed on my "local" machine, lets call this PC_1

The other ninja install will be installed on a "remote PC" which is located in another country, lets call this PC_2

So just to be clear, which PC does Ninja need to be connected to our broker on? Is it PC_1 or PC_2, in the above example?

Thanks again. Much appreciated.

Regards,

Rod

Comment

Rocket130713,

PC1 would not need to run NinjaTrader. PC2 would need to run NinjaTrader and connect to the brokerage technology you wish to route orders to.

Comment

Hello, I want to use a remote trading machine setup where the TradeStation app and Ninja app are "running" on different machines, my remote machine does not have a static IP address, my remote PC uses a dynamic IP address, so i need to call the PC remote machine name, but i don't know what format this PC name is. what does the remote "computer name" looks like, does it look like "Desktop_1234" or does it look like this: "fe80::21ea:27fd:f782:23e9%3", i dont know what format the PC name needs to be when calling the ninja "SetUp" DLL function???

also why does ninja have to be "installed" on both the host and remote machines? why cant i just install and load and run the ninja program on the remote trading PC machine? TradeStation is installed and runs on my host "local" PC, TS generates the buy/sell signals. I use ninja as a "bridge" to execute via RCG broker.

Also the "remote machine" that has Ninja running on it is not on a "network", the remote machine is just a single standard Dell laptop PC.

Thanks in advance. Really appreciate any help.

Regards, Rod
                  Last edited by Rocket130713; 12-06-2017, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Hello Rocket130713,

Thank you for your post.

My information prior was not clear. You can have TradeStation running on one PC and NinjaTrader running on another PC. However, you must have NinjaTrader installed on the PC TradeStation is running on in order to use the DLL interface.

The "Remote Name" is just that, whatever name your PC has on your network. If you are not on the same network as the PC that will be running TradeStation then you would need to speak with an IT professional on the proper means to setup your PC that is running NinjaTrader with the Dynamic IP Address to allow for information from an external source (your PC running TradeStation) to be sent to the PC with the Dynmaic IP.

In this case with the use of the SetUp() function in the DLL Interface you need to be able to send to the "Remote Name" and Port on the PC that is running NinjaTrader.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by KennyK, 05-29-2017, 02:02 AM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                    Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
                    11 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB