CBI error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CBI error

I get this error all the time; goes away when I re-boot. Is there a better fix?
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20160530.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20160530.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

still getting this error... DAILY.... if anybody cares

Comment

Hello thuff,
        Thanks for your reply.
        Did you send in the long and trace files? If so, what ticket number is it under?
        If the files were never sent in, please send them so we can look into it further.
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've sent multiple trace files in... Cameron dialed into machine... last email: Drew (CBI Error) {1522522}

Comment

Hello thuff,
            Thanks for your reply.
            What occurred after completing the steps from Drew response?
            "Hello Todd,

Sorry to hear you're frustrated. I have received several copies of your Log, but this is the first Trace file I received.

In this trace file, I'm seeing hundreds of errors, most of which are indicator errors.

As a test, please take the following steps to repair your database and force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.

Please follow the instructions below to repair the NinjaTrader database.

Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via File > Disconnect
            From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
            Select the "Data" tab
            Press the "Repair DB" button
            Press the "OK" button
            Next, please use these directions for the Workspace test.

Shut down NinjaTrader
            Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
            Rename the file named "_Workspaces.XML" to anything other than this name.
            After renaming this file, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.
            Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open 2 new charts with no indicators/templates and test for issues by adding the SMA indicator
            *Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named Untitled1 however you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise it will overwrite it.
            If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding one indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns.

Below I have provided a link to the Backup and Restore section of our help guide.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/index.html?backup__restore.htm"
            BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No improvement; same error.

If I uninstall Ninjatrader, delete all NT7 files, clean the Windows Registry... would that equal a "clean" or new install?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
              Hello thuff,
              Thanks for your reply.
              What occurred after completing the steps from Drew response?
              "Hello Todd,

Sorry to hear you're frustrated. I have received several copies of your Log, but this is the first Trace file I received.

In this trace file, I'm seeing hundreds of errors, most of which are indicator errors.

As a test, please take the following steps to repair your database and force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.

Please follow the instructions below to repair the NinjaTrader database.

Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via File > Disconnect
              From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
              Select the "Data" tab
              Press the "Repair DB" button
              Press the "OK" button
              Next, please use these directions for the Workspace test.

Shut down NinjaTrader
              Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
              Rename the file named "_Workspaces.XML" to anything other than this name.
              After renaming this file, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.
              Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open 2 new charts with no indicators/templates and test for issues by adding the SMA indicator
              *Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named Untitled1 however you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise it will overwrite it.
              If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding one indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns.

Below I have provided a link to the Backup and Restore section of our help guide.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/index.html?backup__restore.htm"

Comment

Hello,

I have followed up with you via a reply to our email interaction to schedule a remote session. Please follow up with me at your convenience so we may troubleshoot these errors directly.

Comment

I've done complete / clean re-install of NT7. Platform worked for 1 day, now the error has returned (same as attached file)

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20160825.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20160825.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post traderqz  
                    Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM