Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple DataSeries on one chart issues

Hello,

I have 3 tick data series on one chart, a fast, medium, and slow. The medium one is also on a chart on its own, and I am experiencing the following issues:
    1. The medium tick data series bar close time and size is different on the chart which holds all 3 data series to what it is on the chart on its own, despite being the exact same tick size. Is there a reason for this?
    2. I can usually adjust the bar width of a data series using Alt + Up or Down Arrow. On the chart containing the 3 data series, this will only adjust the 1st one on the chart. Is there a way to adjust the 2nd and 3rd without having to go into the data series properties?

Thank you!

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

1. When viewing a multi series chart the bar spacing will be based off of time as opposed to equal distance however the bar close time when compared to a single series chart should be the same. To verify the time of the bar please hold down your middle mouse button within the chart which will display the mini data box and let me know if the bar close matches when being compared.

2. To change the width of the other data series please left click on the bars within Panel 2 or 3 to select then use the Alt+ Up or Down arrow to adjust.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for responding, Christopher.
      1. The time on some of the bars match, but not all, and so this means many of the bars are different, even though both data series are 850 ticks.
      2. That has worked to adjust the bar widths. Thanks.

Comment

Please right mouse click within your charts and select "Reload All Historical Data". If the data still does not match please attach screen shots of your charts so I may look into this further.

To capture a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to capture a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file then attach to your reply.

Click here for detailed instruction

Comment

The option to "Reload all Historical Data" is not highlighted on either chart. I am using Market Replay, so I don;t know if that makes a difference.

Comment

I have attached images of the charts. The top one on the multi-data series chart is the one that should match. I have marked one instance with a red triangle where they do not match. But if you look in either direction from there, you will find many that do not match.
            Attached Files

Comment

Does this occur when connected to your data provider as well or only when using Market Replay?

Comment

I haven't connected to a data provider as yet.

Comment

Can you tell me what speed you are replaying data when this occurs.

Comment

I am replaying at #1 speed. I have re-downloaded the day that I was SIM trading from the NT platform and reloaded the entire day, and the problem has disappeared. I think that day was originally downloaded with Market Replay Downloader, and I have been having problems with some of the data series downloaded using that software.

Comment

Now SIM trading the following day, which was downloaded with NT platform, and it is also showing a difference.

Comment

Please send a note to [email protected] with "Attn: Chris Jameson" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
                        1.) A link to this forum thread.
                        2.) Your most current trace and log files.

You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 7-> Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

Log file will be located by going to Documents->NinjaTrader 7->Log->log.YYYYMMDD.txt

Comment

I have forwarded Trace and Log files.

Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                          47 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post aligator